Why many Programs are not recognized

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

xbo

Why many Programs are not recognized

Post by xbo »

Hi guys,

Im trying to get it work my 3DC space navigator and the auto recognize from the 3D Home Mouse/Properties, doesnt recognize Photoshop CC 2014
Like other Programs.

3D C just recognize Chrome. :twisted:
Why we just have a normal Program selection like the WACOMs Properties has?
This Auto Recognize Properties doesnt work. :roll:
xbo

Re: Why many Programs are not recognized

Post by xbo »

Using
3DxWare 10 for Windows (64-bit) 10.1.4
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello xbo -

Photoshop requires a 3Dconnexion plug-in. As long as Photoshop CC is installed and closed when the 3Dconnexion software is installed, the plug-in is installed automatically with a complete install.

If Photoshop CC is installed after the 3Dconnexion software, you can install the 3DxPhotoshop plug-in using the Repair function in Programs and Features with Photoshop closed.[Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features - 3Dconnexion - Change - Repair]

You can check your Photoshop CC plugins folder to verify whether the 3DxPhotoshop plug-in - 3DxPhotoshop_CC.8li - is present.

Once the 3DxPhotoshop plugin is installed, pan and zoom are available in 2D images and 3D navigation in Photoshop's 3D menu. The default Photoshop display has the image the same size as the window so you will need to expand the image to pan.

For other applications, what is needed is not for the Space Navigator to recognize applications - it is the application that needs to be able to recognize input from a 3D device.

A 3D device is not recognized by Windows in the same way a standard 2D device or mouse is. A 3D device is in the category 'Human Input Devices' and applications need to be able to make use of this kind of device. 3Dconnexion provides a free Software Development Kit for software developers to add the ability to recognize 3D devices to their applications.

In the current driver, emulation of a 2D mouse has been added for web browsers and Microsoft Office.

You can find the list of programs that recognize 3Dconnexion devices here.

A few of the applications - Google Earth for example - have settings inside the application that need to be enabled. In the Google Earth Tools menu under Options, Navigation
Non-Mouse Controller , check 'Enable Controller''.
-------------
Barbara
xbo

Post by xbo »

Hi Barbara,

I really thank you for your help.
I didnt know how the 3Dconnexion Photoshop CC plug-in is called. After you gave me the name I did a search and I found the 3DxPhotoshop_CC.8li plug-in under my C: Driver.

The reason didnt work my 3Dconnexion Space Navigator before using Photoshop was, because I have another extra driver for the Programs.
Once I copy and paste the plug-in into the Photoshop CC plug-in folder... Photshop works PERFECT!

Cheers!
gustavo.lewitan

Post by gustavo.lewitan »

Please can you help me? i need the 3DxPhotoshop_CC.8li file, where can i download the file? i repair de installation after install photoshop cc but the plugin file dont copy in the directory. Thanks.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

See here.