3D device not found

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dbunch

3D device not found

Post by dbunch »

I am trying to find a way from keeping the 3D device Not found window from popping up everytime someone logs onto a machine when the device is not plugged in...

We have the space pilot and have several users with laptops that when they take their laptop home with them they don't take the device.

Also we use an image for all our machines that has the software installed. So some users have the software installed but don't even use a SpacePilot..

Also, I am new to installing this software, but my predecessor has a shortcut in the Startup called Start 3DxWare... So I assume that is part of the installation..

I was told their was a registry hack to get this to work. But know one seems to know where that info is..

Any input is welcome..

Dave
agoenczi
User
User

3D device not found

Post by agoenczi »

Hi dbunch

If you would like to avoid getting that error message you should deactivate the driver. You can do that by removing the record from the "Autostart" section. By doing so the driver doesn't start any more after the operating system starts. If a user has the device and wants to use it, he can start it manually.

Under Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3Dconnexion 3DxWare you will see 2 icons, which will be useful: "Start driver" and "Stop driver".

I hope that this description will help you; if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to post them here, or just send me PM with your questions.
agoenczi
dbunch

Post by dbunch »

That would work...

But I would rather have it load each time someone logs on and not have the box pop up...

If we don't start it, I can just see calls coming to our helpdesk saying that their SpacePilot isn't working..
agoenczi
User
User

3D device not found

Post by agoenczi »

Hi dbunch

Sorry I don't know a better method. The driver fails if it doesn't find a device and reports an error.

If you have only a few people working with the device just instruct them how to start the driver manually - for instance per e-mail.
agoenczi
jwick

Post by jwick »

What version of the driver are you running. Newer versions shouldn't display a warning dialog box.
dbunch

Post by dbunch »

jwick wrote:What version of the driver are you running. Newer versions shouldn't display a warning dialog box.
I hope this is the correct information.

3DxWare version: 5.9.2
Firmware Versoin: 3.1.2
Device Type: Space Pilot
jwick

Post by jwick »

If you upgrade to 3DxWare 6.x (idistributed nside 3DxSoftware 3.x) you won't get the warning dialog box. That only works with USB devices, if that is an issue.