Holding Settings in NX4

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Reverend Jim

Holding Settings in NX4

Post by Reverend Jim »

Hi all, I'm sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere but I have a problem getting the button assignments on my new Space Navigator to stick in NX4. I can set a button for maybe "Rotations" and it will stick for just that UG session and just in that application---if I change from modeling to drafting I have to re-set the button. I did hit the save button, it just ignores me. It also doesn't work the same in Vericut as it does in UG. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fred

Post by Fred »

When mapping buttons in NX4 click on:
3DxNX
Choose button mapping.

If you map the buton with the 3dcontrol panel the 3DxNX panel overwrites it. That is why your mappings default back to preset.
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thanks for the quick response Fred. That did the trick.

I am still having troubles with Vericut. How do I adjust my settings so that the Space navigator behaves the same way in Vericut that it does in UG? Right now it is working kind of opposite---if I try to rotate a part clockwise it goes counterclockwise. Will any of the settings that I change overwrite my UG settings?

BTW, I love this little device! I have a 4000 with a bunch of buttons that I never used and the Traveller is too lightweight to stay put on my desk. Once I get it set up right, I will be in hog heaven.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Vericut will have its own Mapping saved.
Since everything works in reverse in Vericut. Go to the 3dcontrol panel and choose Advanced settings select reverse direction.
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thank you for all of your help. :D