Buttons not working: Spacemouse Pro Siemens NX9.0

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mark33k

Buttons not working: Spacemouse Pro Siemens NX9.0

Post by mark33k »

Moving this to a new topic so it doesn't get lost to the end of someones post.

To be more specific. The view orientation button (flip/top/front/right and fit) do not function with the exception to lock rotation. Also the 1/2/3/4 hot-keys do not function. It seems to me that there is some interface issue between the Spacemouse driver and NX, any fix or reinitialize that can be recommend? I have done a clean uninstall/reboot/re-install of 3DxWare64_v10-1-2_r1798.exe with no help to the noted issues.

Mark

mark33k wrote:Spacemouse Pro / NX9

I have the same issue described. Customize Buttons is not greyed out in NX but the 1 2 3 4 functions don't work (except for calculator) and the quick view hot-keys on the right of the mouse don't work.

A snippet from my log file is:

UGII_3DCONNEXION_LIBRARY C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\UGALLIANCE\vendor\startup\3dxnx.dll
UGII_BASE_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0
NX_VERSION=9.0.2.5
=====================

Thanks,
Mark
[/quote]
Fred

Re: Buttons not working: Spacemouse Pro Siemens NX9.0

Post by Fred »

WHAT DRIVER ARE YOU USING 3.18.0 OR 10.1.2?

Close NX

Edit the following file:
1.Open the following file (e.g. for NX9): C:\Program Files\UGS\NX (9.0\UGII\ugii_env.dat
2.Add the following line to this file: UGII_3DCONNEXION_LIBRARY=${UGII_BASE_DIR}\UGALLIANCE\vendor\startup\3dxnx.dll

If you have additional versions
Repeat steps 2. and 3. for all NX installations.

Check for Permission mismatch

See if you have NX set to be run as administrator.
Right click your NX startup icon and select properties
Click compatibility
At the bottom of if Run as Administrator is checked, you will have to launch our driver with the same permissions.
Locate the driver download file and right click, select run as administrator and let it do a repair of the driver

Launch NX and see if you can now map the buttons.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Mark I have escalated your issue to the programmers to see if they have a solution or if they need to make a new Addin for NX9.0
kjustin1984

Post by kjustin1984 »

Is the Spacemouse Pro Siemens a spare part for a specific Siemens appliance? I'm actually looking for repair parts for my Siemens oven and am missing a few pieces. Most of the pieces I was able to find on https://fixpart.ch/de, but the rest are out of order. Does anyone know where I can find spare parts?

I'm aware that my question is not relevant to this forum, but I stumbled upon the forum during my search and after hitting dead ends, I'm kind of desperate at this point.