Drifting SpaceMouse Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

3dc_customer

Drifting SpaceMouse Pro

Post by 3dc_customer »

My week-old SpaceMouse Pro is drifting inconsolably. I'm using 3DxWare v.10.1.2 on Win 7 x64.

SolidWorks is unusable with this thing plugged in as my models just go spinning off into space. A SpaceNavigator plugged into the same machine works just fine.

I've submitted a tech support request via the web form, but other users' experiences make me dubious that I'll ever get a response. Worse, I called the tech support number for the US, and after being asked to hold for the next available technician, I was immediately dumped into a completely generic voice mailbox.

For $300, I'd expect to be able to reach a human being.
3dc_customer

Re: Drifting SpaceMouse Pro

Post by 3dc_customer »

OK, I just called tech support for perhaps the sixth time. This time, I didn't get dumped to voicemail, but instead spoke to a helpful technician. The problem with my SpaceMouse Pro is being addressed, which I appreciate.

It turns out that my calls went directly to voicemail because the technicians--of which there are currently two--had gone to lunch. This would have been a non-issue if 3DConnexion had simply mentioned in the voicemail that (a) this was indeed a tech support mailbox and not a generic one and (b) the tech support line closes for lunch.

I'll admit I suspected gross incompetence, but this seems to be more of a communication and expectation-management issue.

The tech support guy I spoke with was very nice, knowledgeable and efficient; none of this was his fault. It's a shame that the 3DConnexion web site isn't more clear about when they're available.
Fred

Re: Drifting SpaceMouse Pro

Post by Fred »

Hello,
I'm the tech you spoke with on the phone.
I apologize again for the VM message unfortunately when it was setup it did not inform anyone the business hours.
This happened due to changes in hours and a slip up on what needed to be added to message.. :cry:
This should be fixed in the coming week along with I believe longer tech support hours.
I was glad to assist you in getting the device replaced and you will also get a confirmation email sent to you when the replacement gets shipped with a tracking number.

Regards,

Fred