spacepilot with Unwrap UVWs in 3ds max

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mangun

Post by mangun »

One of the function that I use very often in 3DS MAX is "Unwrap UVWs".

I'd like to use "zoom" and "pan" through "SpacePilot" in the "Edit UVWS" windows of "Unwrap UVWs."

In other words, I'd like to use "SpacePilot" function(2dimension) in Unwrap UVWs as it is already in Photoshop,
and it will be great.

I start feel like my hands are tied up when I work in Unwrap UVWS, not like when I work with SpacePilot in the Max Viewport.

This is very uncomfortable to me.

I've already search for the forum, but there is no one who ask for this issue.

So here I suggest this function, hope I can find this feature in the future.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi mangun

The "Unwrap UVWs" function is available in the button mapping editor. It has several functions you can map on the keys of the SpacePilot.

You just have to start the "Button Mapping Editor" (click at first to the hammer symbol - called "Utilities", afterwards on the button "Button Mapping Editor" which will be displayed below) and you can browse in the alphabetically ordered list of the available commands.

Check at first what release do you have installed. The 3DxSoftware v3-2-2 (currently available to download from our homepage) contains the plug-in 3DxStudio 4.4 which offers the "Unwrap UVWs" function family.
agoenczi
mangun

Post by mangun »

Thank you for your kind reply but I already know the basic of its usages.

and I already use 3DxSoftware v3.2.2.

I can use the controller cap to zoom and out, move the image in Photoshop through 3DxPhotoshop Plug-in.

Do you understand what I mean?

I was just wondering if I can do the same thing in Unwrap UVW which is that zoom and out, move the UV by using the controller cap.

In other words, I'd like to do the same action with controller cap like what the most of 3ds Max users do with a mouse middle button(wheel).
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi mangun

I belive I misunderstood what did you mean. I make support for the devices manufactured by 3Dconnexion. And our devices are used in many (sometimes very) different applications. I haven't used the functionality you mentioned ("Unwrap UVW").

Please have a little patience (2-3 days) as I will try this functionality and I will give you a feedback.
agoenczi