Loss of functionality in SW

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pleshrl

Loss of functionality in SW

Post by pleshrl »

Typical Monday. I have no issues using my space Navigator in AutoCAD, but when I start up solidworks, only the buttons work (both of them). I have no pan, zoom, rotate or anything. How does that happed? I have restarted 2x, pulled the plug on the navigator, restored all the settings to default but still nothing.

It worked when I left Friday. All the demo's and training work.

Any suggestions?
Barbara

Re: Loss of functionality in SW

Post by Barbara »

Hello pleshrl -

Loss of navigation in SolidWorks can be caused by permissions that have changed. As long as SolidWorks was closed during the driver re-install, the 3DxSolidWorks add-in is installed.

Microsoft requires permissions for an add-in to match the application permissions. Check SolidWorks is using elevated permissions. If it is , the 'Run as Administrator' option on the compatibility will be checked.[sldworks.exe |Properties|Compatibility]

If you find that SolidWorks is using the 'Run as Administrator' option, close SolidWorks , run the 3Dconnexion installer using the right-click 'Run as Administrator' option and choose 'Repair'.
------------------
Barbara
pleshrl

Post by pleshrl »

Barbara,

Thansk for the itdea. SolidWorks is NOT running with elevated permissions, the "run as administrator" box is not checked.

Any other suggestions?
pleshrl

Post by pleshrl »

I called tech support. They had me shut down the driver then delete a reg key (see picture entire folder {7B9E5423-5CD.....}) and finally do a repair on the program in the control panel. Worked like a charm.
Attachments
3d conx.gif
3d conx.gif (29.44 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
Fred

Post by Fred »

That was me you spoke with on the Phone .
Glad I could help.
Barb sits next to me and was just asking about this post for any other suggestions to try.
She was just getting ready to send you a private message with the answer.
pleshrl

Post by pleshrl »

Darnit all, happened again today. I cannot remeber how to shut the driver off. Can you post that? Thanks.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

There is a shortcut under Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> Driver -> Stop Driver (and Start Driver).
zeplin

Post by zeplin »

I was having the same problem in CAD. Thanks for sharing the solution, saved me a ton of time I would have spent trying to figure it out. :)