Minor problem in Max9 sp1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sorin

Post by sorin »

I've found a small issue with Max and viewport degradation. I've tested on d3d and software z-buffer with the same result, so it seems it's not a video driver problem.

1 - enable adaptive degradation (set active degradation to bounding box only for test)
2 - from wireframe mode rotate/pan the view with spacenavigator so it would enter the degradation mode.
3 - when you finish rotating, the view isn't restored to wireframe. unless you click on the viewport with the mouse. it seems max doesn't get the finished rotating trigger and keeps the view degraded. using the mouse for rotation/pan exits correctly the bounding box mode.

Also this doesn't happen from shaded mode. If you are in smooth+highlights it would restore properly after rotation. This can't be reproduced in Max 8, it works just fine.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi sorin

Unfortunately the adaptive degradation is not supported by the 3DxStudio (our plug-in).
agoenczi
sorin

Post by sorin »

Well I use it when working with high poly number that slow the viewport performance and I'm sure others do as well.

Perhaps where the plugin changes back the viewport name ("3DxStudio Perspective" -> "Perspective") when you stop using SN it should also trigger a viewport redraw and see if the view is restored correctly?

Thanks.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi sorin

I know that the functionality you specified (adaptove degradation) would be very useful for many of our users while working with large models (large number of polygons).

I will forward your request to our development.
agoenczi
sorin

Post by sorin »

great. thanks.
if you need more testing or screencaptures pm me.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi sorin

Very kind of you, thank you. I will record this issue as an enhancement proposal in our system.
agoenczi