Autodesk Architectural Desktop (AutoCAD 2007) - Sp.Expl.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent

Post by Silent »

Hi I've just purchased a usb space explorer. Never used this stuff before - it's my first 3d-mouse. I'd tried to go with Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007.
The problem is that after zooming in a model it automatically jumps out / zooms out far away. Its everytime the same distance where it jumps to. If I zoom out it works well. It's only if I was zooming in.

The other problem goes on with Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006. If I use the space explorer with this version after I navigate with the SE the cross(coursor) or whatever I'm doing is hide and turn into the standard mouse coursor I've to press ESC on the SE or on the keyboard to get out of this command. It get on my nerve to do this during every command.

I'm using the 3d-control-panel in the Release version 3.2.2
(driver version 6.2.1) - Firmware 3.18.
The plugin for ADT 2006 is from the archive on the website.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Silent

Could you describe a scenario how you get this result? I would like to reproduce this issue.
agoenczi
Silent

Post by Silent »

Hi agoenczi - allright the scenario for the ADT 2007 is that I draw a rectangle(with the rectangle tool or a wall tool) or a wall or something like that. After that I zoom in with my space explorer to see the rectangle or wall closer. Then I take my hand away from the space explorer to enjoy the closer view and like magic the view changes because it automatically is zooming out far away from the rectangle or wall. I am able now to zoom OUT with space explorer getting much more away from the rectangle. After I did this I am able to zoom IN to see the rectangle closer BUT only so close(to the point) when it automatically/magically zoom OUT like it done before.

The Problem with ADT 2006 is in this moment solved.

I have found the "Auto Regen" button in the 3dconnexion plugin-menu. :D

But I have another Problem with ADT 2007 - I'm not able to navigate 3d. I'm only able to zoom(with the reservation I've written) and able to do the pan. I can't look around in 3d like I'm able to in sketchup or in ADT 2006. Its only 2d-modus zoom and pan no rolling rotate or something like that. Is there a 3d-modus button in the ADT 2007 plugin like it is in the ADT 2006 plugin to switch between 2d and 3d?

ThAnK YoU 4 trying hard!
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Silent

I will try to reproduce the issue you described.

As the 3D navigation: please try the orbit command in AutoCAD, move the model from the plane it is situated afterwards should work the 3D navigation too.
agoenczi