Restrict Axis

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mhoopes

Re: Restrict Axis

Post by mhoopes »

Reprobus wrote: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:30 pm Hi, I'm using the wireless version of the connexion mouse, I'd like to restrict axis with the radial menu or a keyboard short-cut. I know this functionality is in the Space Pro, I'm hoping it can be extended to the wireless version of the connexion mouse ? I'd like to move an object on the Z axis without it rotating as it does when I move an object in the Z axis, requiring me to rotate the object vertically and get it aligned on screen when I move it on the z axis.
As far as I know, you can do this with any controller button or custom radial menu. The GUI Button Menu allows configuration under Buttons...3Dconnexion...Dominant On/Off. Any of those functions can also be assigned to custom radial menu slices. I have button 4 dedicated to Dominant On/Off on my SpaceMouse Pro, and you should be able to assign one of those options to a SpaceNavigator button.
Michael Hoopes
jwick

Re: Restrict Axis

Post by jwick »

If the existing options are not sufficient for your needs, we can show you how to do more sophisticated things. There are many options that are not exposed by the GUI.