Autodesk Inventor -- How to change to helicopter camera mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

JoeShmoe

Autodesk Inventor -- How to change to helicopter camera mode

Post by JoeShmoe »

Hey Guys,

In the 3DConnexion Viewer demo, I can select "Helicopter Mode", which I love. BUT - In Inventor 2013, I can't find anyway to get into this mode. Does anyone know a method to do that in Inventor?

Thanks so much!

3DConnexion Viewer:

Inventor 2013:

Fred

Re: Autodesk Inventor -- How to change to helicopter camera

Post by Fred »

Inventor added the support natively and with the NAVBar active it used to accessible by clicking in the cap in the toolbar.
The popup is part of Autocad Inventor it is not 3Dconnexion.
Since the new driver was released it is no longer available. I have not been able to find a way in Inventor to bring up the different modes as it once did.
A workaround until one of the programmers works with Autocad to update the coding for the new driver is to
go back to the previous driver 3.18.0 under show all archive for the device your using on our download page.
JoeShmoe

Post by JoeShmoe »

Hey Fred - thanks so much for the info. I uninstalled all the 3Dconnexion software/drivers and then reinstalled the 3.18.0 version. But -- I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "clicking the cap in the toolbar"- do you mind explaining a bit more?

Thanks!
Fred

Post by Fred »

As long as you have the NAVBAR enabled In Inventor, the toolbar will have a cap that looks identical to our 3d device.
Click the arrow just below the cap
It will bring up options for:
Object Mode
Walk Mode
Fly mode
2D mode
Select 3DConnexion properties to make button mapping changes.
JoeShmoe

Post by JoeShmoe »

Perhaps, I am a bit slow, haha! I assume by "navbar" that you mean the floating menu on the right of inventor - but I don't see any 3Dconnexion options there (including if I click the drop down arrow. Am I missing something?

Fred

Post by Fred »

Here is a link to what the Inventor Navbar looks like.
http://www.littledetailscount.com/sc_im ... onfigs.png
JoeShmoe

Post by JoeShmoe »

Humm. I see the navbar, I just don't see the cap button, or anything that lets me change the camera mode at all. Your screenshot you gave is exactly what I am looking for, I just can't find those options. I uninstalled all the 3dconnexion software again, looked for the cap button then (didn't find it) and then reinstalled (the 3.18 version) again but still can't find what you are talking about. I made a quick video for you here: http://bit.ly/1lLZ9ds -- does that give you any ideas?

Thanks again very much.
Fred

Post by Fred »

You will have to contact Autodesk on this one it should automatically be recognizing the 3D device and enable the 3Dconnection settings. They can tell you how to enable it in the application for the Navbar.
JoeShmoe

Post by JoeShmoe »

Damn ok, I haven't had to good of luck getting answers from them about this. If you (or anyone else) thinks of something, please do let me know. Thank you for your help though, I do appreciate it.
BitBarrel

Post by BitBarrel »

Fred, are you sure this works in Inventor? I can't find those options either. I think you mix it up with Revit.