space navigator not working on EXOCAD

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

alex_GWR

space navigator not working on EXOCAD

Post by alex_GWR »

but can working on GOOGLE. EARTH.
UtaSH

Re: space navigator not working on EXOCAD

Post by UtaSH »

Hi alex_GWR,

the software EXOCAD supports our devices without the use of our driver. They address the devices directly and therefore have to integrate each device separately.

But from our knowledge currently all devices are supported except our newest one, the SpaceMouse Wireless. If you have a SpaceNavigator you should be able to use the 3D mouse in Exocad. As far as I know there is no special option to activate to get the support for the 3D mouse in Exocad. Please contact the support of your application to ask for help. Let us know if you have news.
alex_GWR

Post by alex_GWR »

before i buy SpaceNavigator (USB), i already know exocad can not working with wireless one. one more things, when i plug in my scanner and spacenavigotor same time, the scanner software will not working. my scanner is medit indentica blue.using they are own software. and how can i contact with EXOCAD support, i call my dealer who sell the exocad to me, he say exocad not problem with 3dconnexion and ask me to update my spacenavigator. i did anythings i can do, if i don't this 3D mouse not working, i wont to buy it.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I believe what Uta is trying to tell you is you don't use our driver in Exocad.
They have included a driver in their software. So if you have our driver installed you need to turn off our driver ( go to start, all programs, 3Dconnexion Driver "Stop driver") before opening Exocad. Otherwise you'll have a conflict and it wont work.
Google earth requires are driver to be running before opening the application.

Exocad support
You can ask them for a contact number or go to there main web page you can get the phone number from the website.
or write to them at Info@us.exocad.com
alex_GWR

Post by alex_GWR »

i can use it after uninstall 3D connexion software. but my scanner still cannt working with 3d mouse, i mean every time i want using my scanner, i must unplug 3d mouse.
Dirkkk

Post by Dirkkk »

Hi, I'm an Exocad user too. Here's my question:
Exocad is design software, but it contains also scan software (Exoscan). I'm using the Medit scanner Identica Blue 2015, and that scanner comes with its own scan software (Medit scan).
The problem: my Space pilot works fine with Exocad and also with Exoscan (didn't need to activate anything) but I prefer to work with Exoscan and the Medit scan software (instead of Exoscan). Unfortunately here it stops, the Space pilot won't work with Medit scan software. What can I do to solve this problem?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Dirkkk,

you have to contact the manufacturer of the scanner. He needs to add the support for our 3D mouse in his software. See here.