Installation fails with .Net 4.5.2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: Installation fails with .Net 4.5.2

Post by ngomes »

Hi tschmidt,

We just got the installation log. Thank you for providing the data.

Did you previously have installed version 3.15.2 of 3DxSoftware, the older software suite for 3Dconnexion products? If so, how did you removed that software?
jadzwin

Post by jadzwin »

I have the same problem and nothing helps.

I have installed visual studio 2013 and Altium Designer.

I badly need to install driver because Altium is unusable without Navigator.

Could you provide me any solution to this ?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jadzwin,

have you followed the instructions from this post?

If this does not help please create log files from the installation and send them to me. I will give you an email address where to send the log files.
jedfrechette

Post by jedfrechette »

I'm experiencing the same install issues with 10.2.6.

I previously had the 3.x drivers installed and removed them following the procedure described in this FAQ entry:
http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?id ... red=faq/28

I've also followed all of the advice here with no success.

Finally I tried to submit a ticket with my installation log through the Support Form but when I submitted the form all I got was the message "Soap Error!" and I haven't received any email confirmation, so I'm guessing that ticket disappeared in to a black hole somewhere.

Please advise on how I can get this resolved so I don't need to go back to the old drivers.
tschmidt

Post by tschmidt »

ngomes wrote:Hi tschmidt,

We just got the installation log. Thank you for providing the data.

Did you previously have installed version 3.15.2 of 3DxSoftware, the older software suite for 3Dconnexion products? If so, how did you removed that software?
I previously had something like 10.2.xx. The 10.2.3 installer would not automatically remove the old version. But neither the program's own uninstaller nor Windows were able to remove it (always encountered an error during that), so I had to do a completely manual removal (deleting the folders, looking through registry, even using some cleaning software). Re-Installing .NET did not help. I received the 3.15.2 installer from your tech support, which finally solved the problem. 3Dx 3.15.2 installed without any problems, the uninstall also worked, and after that I was able to install 10.2.3.
Spareme

Post by Spareme »

Trying to update the driver for my SpaceNavagator, used windows to unistall previous version and now I am Getting the error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Not sure where to go from here. Using Trend Micro antivirus
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Spareme wrote:Trying to update the driver for my SpaceNavagator, used windows to unistall previous version and now I am Getting the error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Not sure where to go from here. Using Trend Micro antivirus
This is handled here.