Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kjoiner

Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Post by kjoiner »

Hello,

I installed Solid Edge ST6 64 bit on my machine recently and my Space Mouse Pro is not working. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both programs several times and cleaned the registry etc. I have another machine identical to my that does work and noticed some thing in the registry. On the working machine, in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, under the 3DxWare/Applications folder there is a EDGE.EXE entry. On my machine that does not work, the EDGE.EXE entry is not there. I believe this could be the cause of my problems, but I'm not sure how to get that entry into my machine. Uninstalling/reinstalling does not work. I believe this is also why there is no Solid Edge option in the application pull down in the Space Mouse Driver.

To clarify, the drive basically works, but not for Solid Edge ST6 64 bit in my machine. To really have an apples to apple comparison, I plan to install ST6 64 bit on the working machine and see what happens. If it still works, I know the problem is definitely my machine. If it fails, the problem could be with the Space Mouse driver.

Kyle
Fred

Re: Space Mouse Pro not working on Solid Edge ST6 64 bit

Post by Fred »

SolidEdge Clean Install
The SolidEdge add-in uses a Windows registry key in addition to the 3Dconnexion profile to store settings. For this reason when we use the clean install steps to correct a SolidEdge issue , we also need to remove that registry key.

The clean install steps are here http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/28 . The path listed for Vista is also correct for Windows 7. After using regedit to remove the registry keys listed , one additional registry key needs to be removed from the SolidEdge add-in keys.

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|Software|SolidEdge there is a folder named 'AddIns'.Select a registry key [string of numbers] on the left side then look at the values on the right. As you move through the registry key values you should see 3Dconnexion listed for one of the registry keys. This will confirm that you have located the correct registry key that needs to be deleted .[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|Software|SolidEdge |AddIns]

When you reach Step 8 of the clean install steps "Install the latest driver ..." make sure you are logged on from an administrator profile and that SolidEdge is closed. If you are using Windows 7 and SolidEdge was installed as administrator, the 3Dconnexion software needs the same permissions in order to interact with it. Right-click on the 3Dconnexion driver installation file that you downloaded and saved to your PC and choose 'Run as Administrator'. This step provides the extra permission needed.