Space Mouse Pro not Working with Solid Edge ST6

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kjoiner

Space Mouse Pro not Working with Solid Edge ST6

Post by kjoiner »

Hello,

I am running Solid Edge ST6 64bit and have a Space Mouse Pro using driver 3.17.8. I cannot get the Space Mouse Pro tool bar to load into Solid Edge. The add ins menu in Solid Edge does not show anything for the Space Mouse. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Solid Edge ST6 and have uninstalled and reinstalled the Space Mouse driver. In both cases I performed the recommended clean up procedures in the registry and also had our IT person check everything. None of the buttons on the Space Mouse are working. I can move and rotate the models, but the controls are very sensitive. I've checked everything I can to track down a problem. Can anyone provide other suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Kyle
Fred

Re: Space Mouse Pro not Working with Solid Edge ST6

Post by Fred »

Right click your SolidEdge .exe file go into properties and check compatibility is Solidedge set to be run as admin if so our driver needs the same permission.
underground3d

Post by underground3d »

I am having the same problems and have been for quite some time. I have tried everything to get the menu back as i used the select rotation point option as often as needed. I have tried enabling the run as administrator both on and off and it is still not working correctly.

Solid edge does not load the add-in menu. When i go to turn off the space pilot pro add-in off in Solid Edge then close out the program and reload it then turn back on it will bring the add-in toolbar back but it is empty, no icons whatsoever. I also cannot find the select rotation point as an option to add to the quick access toolbar.

I have contacted support 3 times over the last 4 weeks but never any answer or reply
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello underground3d,

with 3DxWare 10 the toolbar in Solid Edge for the3Dconnexion doesn't exist anymore. You can map these functions to the buttons of your 3D mouse or create a Radial Menu with the commands that you need. See my example:
3DxCommands-CreateRadialMenu.jpg
3DxCommands-CreateRadialMenu.jpg (80.8 KiB) Viewed 11382 times
Note that you have different button mapping for each environment. You will find the commands in the sections "Solid Edge -> 3Dcontrol". And with 3DxWare 10.2.0 you even do not have to click to the section of the Radial Menu; you can just move the mouse cursor over that section and you will see it highlighted and after you left it the command will be started. :)
Attachments
3DxCommands-RadialMenuActive.jpg
3DxCommands-RadialMenuActive.jpg (10.72 KiB) Viewed 11382 times