Jittery viewport 3ds max 2014

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

droric

Jittery viewport 3ds max 2014

Post by droric »

When moving around in the viewport the model jumps around erratically making using the Spacepilot pro less productive than using the keyboard and mouse. I feel like I am getting a headache from all the jumping of the camera. I just followed the procedures to clean reinstall the latest Spacepilot Pro driver and am running the latest service pack for 3ds max 2014. Any help would be appreciated as it currently is more or less unusable.
droric

Re: Jittery viewport 3ds max 2014

Post by droric »

I think 3ds max was bugging out and I believe I have resolved the issue. I don't see an option to delete my post or edit the original.
GunGriffin

Post by GunGriffin »

Actually it would be very nice if you could post what you did to resolve this issue? I have had this same issue for over half a year now and no one's ever responded to this issue properly on this forum. :(

Even contacting 3D Connexion support hasn't done anything. You may be our only hope for a 3D mouse finally working properly in 3Ds Max!

As far as I know the problem with a jittery view port is related to 3Ds Max's Nitrous driver's specifically. Changing the driver to something like Direct3D tends to eliminate the problem but it's a very poor solution to fix the issue as Nitrous is best driver you should be using anyhow. Even Direct3D isn't perfect either seeing as putting any kind of texture on a model causes a huge FPS hit when using the 3D Mouse as opposed to just using the keyboard.

Bad driver support for 3Ds Max has effectively killed my confidence in 3D Connexion for the future :(.
droric

Post by droric »

Well i thought it was a bug with max. I disabled my viewport then re-enabled it and everything worked perfectly again. To be honest I use Nitrous 11 all the time and almost never experience this issue. If this is an issue with Nitrous specifically it needs to be fixed considering the other non Nitrous drivers are only for legacy purposes as far as I know.