response in f-curve and UVunwrap windows for XSI

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

wilsonkhl

Post by wilsonkhl »

Hi,

I just got my spacenavigator yesterday.
So far I am quite happy using it with XSI 6.....

I'm not sure if anyone brought this up yet.....
but I am hoping that soon there will be a driver that allows the spacenavigator to work in other windows such as the f-curve windows and maybe even when UVunwrapping?

I am an animator so I spend at least half of my time in the f-curves editor. Just feels like a shame that the controller doesn't function in that window.... it's just a 2D window, so wouldn't that be the same as functioning in say, a front or a side view?

unless it ALREADY works in those window.... in that case, how can I toggle this function?...

Thanks.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi wilsonkhl

As in the windows you named there are no 3D objects the navigation is also not possible. The 3D navigation devices are designed to manipulate 3D objects, you can manipulate other (for instance control) objects with an usual mouse.
agoenczi
Tak

Post by Tak »

Second of that!

Navigation possibility within other windows (not 3D windows) such as curve editor, dope sheet and UV editor will power up usability of 3D navigation device!!! I think there is no excuse why not improve already wonderful device to be better than now.

For me it's control device and not only 3D control device. So please, have some coffee and consider :)
Tak

Post by Tak »

Same things for other 3D applications. 3ds max, maya, XSI and so on...