Driver Version 4 - Where is it?!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bumper

Driver Version 4 - Where is it?!

Post by Bumper »

I have to ask, why have the drivers been stuck on version 3 for so long? The drivers/interface for my Space Pilot Pro are way behind the times in terms of usability. My main gripe being the fact that new installs wipe out your settings. I know there are some hoops you can jump through to carry them over, but I'm not interested In hacking my way through. I have work to do.

For better or for worse, I am hooked on my SPP. Using Max without it feels foreign. It's a great tool, but it's one I sometimes feel chained to. I dread new installs on new computers, at new jobs, etc.

I almost forgot to mention the irritating bug of the slow response in Maya 2011 if you are using Meters as your units. For Pete's sake that's been broken for, how long??

I know I could use the Beta drivers, but I need supported drivers at work and can't afford to experiment.

The available tools seem kludgy all around. I know the engineers and support staff at 3Dconnexion work hard, I just wish the powers-that-be would let them update the tools to the standards we are used to with other peripherals/applications.