Botton configuration INVENTOR

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sveinar@subseaservices.no

Post by sveinar@subseaservices.no »

Hi,
I have been using CadMan for some years and have now upgraded to Space Explorer. After installing i wanted to configure the buttons, and did this. But when i open different parts, drawings, assemblies... in Inventor the button config totally changes. How can i configure the buttons and make them stay like that all the time? :?:
Speedy
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi sveinar@subseaservices.no

The SpaceExplorer is a professional device and CadMan was rather designed as an entry-level device.

You can configure several button mappings and let the driver save them. There is a menu point in the "3Dconnexion Control Panel" which allows to automatically save the configurations. Make sure that this feature is on.

You have to make the different button mappings rather in the plug-in (from inside Inventor). Remember that the button mappings made in the plug-in are context sensitive: they could be different for parts, assamblies, drawings and so on; the plug-in will switch automatically in the mode Inventor runs.
agoenczi
sveinar@subseaservices.no

Post by sveinar@subseaservices.no »

Thans for quick reply!

So you are saying that I need to change and save my button mapping in every mode of Inventor to keep them the same (as I want) ?
Speedy
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Exactly that's what I mean.
agoenczi
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

If you want a single button configuration setting for Inventor, you can just remove the add-in for Inventor (3DxInventor vx-x-x). You will have to make a single setting which will be saved if the auto-saving mechanism is activated (in the driver - respectively in the "3Dconnexion Control Panel").
agoenczi