No more support for third party apps?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fyew-jit-tiv

No more support for third party apps?

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

Am I hearing this correctly from 3dConnexions there will be no more support for third party software that's not natively supported by the software?

If this is true have you guys lost the plot....The beta software (3DxWare64SPP_v10-0-16) is perfect for using with apps that are not natively supported by the official release and from my understanding this support was due to be added to an official release and now you guys are doing a U-turn. Please tell me I have mis-understood what i'm being told over the phone by tech support.

If this is the case then I am left with no choice but to ditch the SMP and look for an alternative device because I use this device with most of my software and do pretty much depend on it.
fyew-jit-tiv

Re: No more support for third party apps?

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

So 3Dconnexions has nothing to say in response to this post? Say nothing an hope it just fades away. Very sad imo.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sorry i cannot answer all of your questions.
The only info i can give you:
3DConnexion is asking users who have unsupported applications to let us know the Manufacturer, name of the application. We also request you contact the Manufacturer as well to let them know you would like them to add support for our devices.
In return we also will contact them to see if they will work with us to get support added.

Robert responded to a customer in the Beta Forum regarding the 3DXware 10 driver.
rstadie wrote:Hi,

Right now only SpaceMouse Wireless is officially supported by the new driver generation which is based on the 3DxWare 10 beta you know - the other devices will follow in a future release. Having that said, we expect all current devices to work with the new driver - if there are any issues please let us know.
The official release version for SpaceMouse Wireless does not feature a UI for "emulation" experiments BUT it has the capability to do so in the future (it's under the hood and used by default for applications like browsers and Word/Excel). So if you are using it mainly for e.g. WASD games it's probably the best idea to stick with the beta for the time being.
Liksmaskaren

Post by Liksmaskaren »

Sorry for this necro post but the forum would not let me create a new topic before posting in an already existing one.

Is there any way to download this beta driver?
I would like to use my SpacePilot Pro when I play Interstellar Marines but I have no idea how to map the joystick to the WASD-keys.
I've seen screenshots that shows a joystick that is mapped to different keys and I assume that it is from the beta driver. Is that correct, or is there some hidden menu that will allow me to map it to the WASD keys?
andreas-soderberg.se
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Liksmaskaren,

no, sorry. The beta driver isn't available anymore.
Liksmaskaren

Post by Liksmaskaren »

Why was the possibility to use the 3D mouse for any software removed?
andreas-soderberg.se