Rhino 4.0 Support?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dragginthru

Rhino 4.0 Support?

Post by dragginthru »

After upgrading from Rhino 3.0 to 4.0, I noticed that my Space Pilot doesnt do anything beyond rotate. I have lost the ability to configure my buttons, views, and worst of all, the "fit" button no longer works.

I have the latest drivers as well.

Is there any support for Rhino 4.0 lurking around the corner in a future driver release? If so, is it possible to make the 'delete' key mappable? I could never get it to map in Rhino 3.0.

Thanks

Stephen Shepard
CAD Designer
New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc
190 Merrimack Street
Lawrence, MA 01843
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello Mr. Shepard,

There's a good chance they have changed the name of their executable again. If the driver doesn't load your Rhino configuration, open the Rhinoceros.scg file under en_us/profiles/default in the 3DxWare directory and change the EXECUTABLES name to rhino4.exe. Then restart the driver (and Rhino).

Let us know if this helps.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
dragginthru

Post by dragginthru »

Hey Thanks!

It worked out. One more quick question.... Is there a line that I can add somewhere in the Rhinoceros config file to possibly make the delete key able to be mappable to one of the top 6 buttons on my SpacePilot?

Thanks again,

Stephen Shepard
CAD Designer
190 Merrimack Street
Lawrence, MA 01843
dragginthru

Post by dragginthru »

Nevermind, I just made a macro for <delete> and it worked out!

Stephen Shepard
CAD Designer
190 Merrimack Street
Lawrence, MA 01843
Firebert85

huh?

Post by Firebert85 »

[quote="jwick"]Hello Mr. Shepard,

There's a good chance they have changed the name of their executable again. If the driver doesn't load your Rhino configuration, open the Rhinoceros.scg file under en_us/profiles/default in the 3DxWare directory and change the EXECUTABLES name to rhino4.exe. Then restart the driver (and Rhino).

Let us know if this helps.

Jim
3Dx Software Development[/quote]

I just installed Rino 4.0, clean (no upgrade) and I am having no button support issues too. But I can't seem to find that folder to make these changes.
UtaSH

Re: huh?

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Firebert85,

the configuration file for Rhino - Rhinoceros.scg - is located in the installation directory of the 3DxSoftware:
  • C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\en_us\profiles\default