SpaceMouse Plus Serial Fully Working on Windows x64

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Rudi

SpaceMouse Plus Serial Fully Working on Windows x64

Post by Rudi »

Hello
I had seen some people with the same problem has me: put a serial space mouse to work on windows x64 .
I will just copy paste the email I had sent to 3dconnexion support, and I will bealive that will help alot of you guys to keep the devide off the drawer and put it back to work

" Dear Sir

I have to tell you that, after alot of presistence, I manage to put Spacemouse Plus Serial fully working on Windows Xp x64 edition with Solid Edge V19 x64 cad program.

To work, first I had to install 3DxSoftware_v3-1-8 wich has the solid Edge x64 plug-in, and then the 3DxSoftware64_v2-8-2 spaceware only.
Needless to say that this is not an easy task for the regular user, and no support at all was provided by 3dconnexion on this issue.

It would be good if 3Dconnexion could correct this issue on support site, by getting a service pack driver available, insted of replying their customers with the new product catalog.

Regards
Ricardo Silva"
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Olá Rubi,
Although we encourage the sharing of information on the Forum, we must clarify that the procedure you described above is not something we can advise our customers to do: we simply cannot make any guarantees whatsoever that the software will continue to work as expected.
Nuno Gomes