error 1935 when installing the space navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bp9

error 1935 when installing the space navigator

Post by bp9 »

i have looked anywhere tried at least 6-7 registry cleaners and anti virus checks nothing helped i also i also tried the command prompt and nothing worked i saw here 2 topics thats had the same problem as i have and i still didnt got any answer.

this is what im getting:http://www.xixidu.net/error01.jpghttp:/ ... rror02.jpg
( error 1935 and then its retaking the install back ) i would be more than happy if anybody know what can i do to solve this problem.....thanks

those are my system information :
windows 7 ultimate 64 bits
norton anti-virus
i have the space navigator for notebooks
bp9

Re: error 1935 when installing the space navigator

Post by bp9 »

Fred

Post by Fred »

ERROR 1935

First , check that you are using the current version of the 3dconnexion software from http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

The 3Dconnexion software needs to be installed from a profile with full administrator permissions for the local PC. On a network where full permissions may not be available, an IT tech is needed to install the software.

The 1935 Error message is generated by the Windows Installer when it is unable to access a specific file, folder, or area of the system's registry .

There are 2 ways to resolve this, depending on the applications in use on your PC.

Solution #1: Disable Lavasoft Ad-Aware,Ad-Watch, WebRoot Spy Sweeper or similar detection software before installation. If Ad-Aware is installed on the computer, set Ad-Aware to manual mode, and then quit Ad-Watch before starting the installation.Other similar secuirty applications may need to be disabled thru Msconfig.

Solution #2:
Error 1935 can also occur if the Windows transaction log becomes corrupted. To correct this install error, you need to clear the log.

Run a Command Prompt - in Vista and Win7 elevate to an administrator prompt [ Start|All Programs| Accessories - right-click Command Prompt, select “Run as Administrator”]

and type this command:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\

"C:" being the drive where your OS is installed.

You should get the message "Operation completed successfully."

After you see the 'completed' message indicating the log has been cleared , reboot the PC the run the 3Dconnexion installation
bp9

Post by bp9 »

i have already tried booth of the solution and nothing work the error keep pops in the end of the install
does anybody have any idea >?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Is this a home pc or work PC?
Do you have full admin priviledges to install software?
Try downloading and installing the Beta driver.
Its located under Supported Software and to the far right 3DxLabs
bp9

Post by bp9 »

It's a home pc laptop model toshiba a660
I have full permission to install and I also tried to install it by clicking the right click on the install file and then press Install as adminstar
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello bp9 -

One of your error screens refers to some earlier 3Dconnexion software. The clean install steps here will remove the registry entries for earlier versions. Note: In Step 3 the path shown for Vista is also correct for Windows 7.

Also check that the "Microsoft .NET Framework" system feature is enabled: open the Windows Control Panel, go to the "Uninstall or change a program", click "Turn Windows features on or off" on the panel's left-hand side and confirm if the .NET option is enabled. After that, run the 3Dconnexion installer again and it should be able to complete.
-----------------
Barbara
bp9

Post by bp9 »

i did step by step and still the same problem pops in the end...
please help...
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi bp9,

please uninstall everything from 3Dconnexion as recommended by Barbara (see here).

Then download the latest driver (3DxSoftware 3.17.6). We need log files from your installation to see where things are going wrong. Please see this article how to generate log files of the 3DxSoftware installer. When you have log files post here which one(s) and perhaps you can see in the log files what went wrong. If not we can send you an email address where to send the log files.

Let us know your findings.
bp9

Post by bp9 »

after i removed everthing i opened the command prompt and i typed there this exact thing :
3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6 /C:\Program Files\3DxSoftware64 /a /z'/logpath=c:\temp'"
and its said after :
3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6 /C:\Program Files\3DxSoftware64 /a /z'/logpath=c:\temp'" is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

what have i done wrong ?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi bp9,
after i removed everthing i opened the command prompt and i typed there this exact thing :
3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6 /C:\Program Files\3DxSoftware64 /a /z'/logpath=c:\temp'"
and its said after :
3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6 /C:\Program Files\3DxSoftware64 /a /z'/logpath=c:\temp'" is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

what have i done wrong ?
The message "not recognized as an internal or external command" comes up because you are not using the fill name of the executable file. The command-line above is incorrect as you're using a full path that shouldn't be there. Try the following command:

Code: Select all

3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586 /c:"3DxSoftware64 /a /z'/logpath=c:\temp'"
bp9

Post by bp9 »

im getting the same error....
please someone what should i do it seems like there is no solution for my problem
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi bp9,

What is the exact file name of the 3DxSoftware package that you downloaded?
bp9

Post by bp9 »

3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

When you copy the file to an empty location and run the command exactly as above, can you see the "not recognized command" error? If so, perhaps the file was corrupted during download. Right-click on the file, open the "Properties" panel and check if the "digital signature" is valid. If the signature is invalid, you will need to download the file again.