SpaceMouse (USB) and 3ds Max

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Hi there,
i bought the SpaceMouse (usb) and installed 3DxWare 3.6.3 on a windows System.
The Demos works just fine but, my question is, how to use it with 3d Studio Max 8.
How do i have to configurate it, maybe im a little stupid, but i did not found anything how to. or should it work without any configs?

Hope you understand me, my english is not the best at all :(

CJ
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi CeeJay

In 3ds Max your device should work without any configuration. However you have to install the 3DxSoftware after installing 3ds Max.

You can change the default settings and you can make new settings by activating the add-in which is denoted as 3DxStudio 4.4 (in the current version) under the "Utilities" (the hammer symbol).

Under normal circumstances by starting 3ds Max you will get an additional message that the 3Dconnexion add-in will be loadad.
agoenczi
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

So i have to install 3dxSoftware and 3dxWare??? but where can i get the version 4.4, because on the hp from 3dconnextion under spacemouse plus(usb) there is only version 3.1.8, will it work although?
agoenczi
User
User

3DxSoftware

Post by agoenczi »

Hi CeeJay

The 3DxSoftware v3-1-8 is a software package containing different components:

1. An installer
2. The 3DxWare driver
3. Different plug-ins and add-ins

You can install 3DxSoftware in 2 ways:

1. Complete - this solution will install the driver and all the components (add-ins and plug-ins) available in the package

2. Custom - you can choose any elements available in the package. If you want a special installation you should use this one. You can for example choose some add-ins to install, but exclude the driver from the installation. This way you can keep an old driver, but profit from the new add-in functionality (remember, this is just an example).

Normally you should choose a "Complete" installation, so you could be sure that you will get the support for your installed software.
agoenczi