Maya AutoKey Problems and Question

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

psychobyte

Maya AutoKey Problems and Question

Post by psychobyte »

hi,

1.)
when using the 3dx/maya autokey option to record a fly through
i got glitches in the "z-rotation" and the "x-rotation".
while animating, the camera looks all normal. when you hit playback or when you're looking at the keyframe editor you see that the z-rot. jumps between 180-0 but not regularly the x rot. goes between number around 60

when i changed the "zoom direction" for maya (in the 3dx ControlPanel) from
z to y axis everything records normal. but i can't navigate that good with this setting. is there any workaround with the *.mel files or do i've to wait for a new release of teh softwares.

2) is there a way to chance the autokeyframes per seconds interval?
i tried changing the "IncrementTimeLine(500)" to a lower number. but that didn't really work, because it just slowed down the speed at which the keyframes are taken
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi psychobyte,

1. Could you describe a step-by-step procedure in order to could reproduce the issue? Please specify your configuration as well.

2. Please send your questions regarding the keyframe settings to the technical support for Maya.
agoenczi
Natty

Re: Maya AutoKey Problems and Question

Post by Natty »

psychobyte wrote:hi,

1.)
while animating, the camera looks all normal. when you hit playback or when you're looking at the keyframe editor you see that the z-rot. jumps between 180-0 but not regularly the x rot. goes between number around 60

z to y axis everything records normal. but i can't navigate that good with this setting. is there any workaround with the *.mel files or do i've to wait for a new release of teh softwares.

i'm having problems with autokey and maya 2014/15

Same problems as above mentioned, plus when ever i set my starting frame, and i start moving my camera using the space pro and autokey enabled, it starts working but giving me a movement of camera completely broken. When i hit play on my timeline to review the movement recorded, the camera frame is set differently from what was set initially and the movement are completely broken. It makes autokey useless.

Also wondering if you will ever put some new software compatibility and fix old software one. Making the 3d mouse working with unity or unreal could be a good start and maybe fixing the autokey in maya could make the space pro actually worth it.

Waiting for a reply from you,

Thanks in advance.
Dan

i tried changing the "IncrementTimeLine(500)" to a lower number. but that didn't really work, because it just slowed down the speed at which the keyframes are taken
Natty

Post by Natty »

psychobyte wrote:hi,

1.)

i'm having problems with autokey and maya 2014/15

Same problems as above mentioned, plus when ever i set my starting frame, and i start moving my camera using the space pro and autokey enabled, it starts working but giving me a movement of camera completely broken. When i hit play on my timeline to review the movement recorded, the camera frame is set differently from what was set initially and the movement are completely broken. It makes autokey useless.

Also wondering if you will ever put some new software compatibility and fix old software one. Making the 3d mouse working with unity or unreal could be a good start and maybe fixing the autokey in maya could make the space pro actually worth it.

Waiting for a reply from you,

Thanks in advance.
Dan
Natty

Post by Natty »

SO, it ha been now 3 years since this problem has been brought up and yet not only it hasn't been addressed, but it hasn't even been answered here.

So i did spend +300$ to buy the space mouse in order to use it with maya and to make autokey fly through, and i end up putting the mouse in a drawer and never using it again..

Well, thanks you for ripping me of 300$.

Hopefully you will answer one day to this thread..