I would buy this device today....if...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rEvolvingDesigns

I would buy this device today....if...

Post by rEvolvingDesigns »

...there were

Photoshop cs2 support (So far I have seen it is almsot supported, but requires a few driver hacks)
Bryce 6x Support (I haven't read a thing on you guys contacting DAZ)
Poser 4+ Support (I hear this is in the works?)
Vista Ultimate (I saw something about Beta Drivers)

I came to this forum because I got spamed at work from you guys (Coolest spam Ive gotten I must say)

Ive never looked at spam and said "Woah, that looks cool!"

I hope to not be disappointed.

In the matters of Bryce, do the software developers have to be directly involved to make this piece of hardware work with the software?

Sell me :)
ngomes

Re: I would buy this device today....if...

Post by ngomes »

Hi rEvolvingDesigns,

I'll try my best...
Photoshop cs2 support (So far I have seen it is almsot supported, but requires a few driver hacks)
What seems to be the problem(s)?
Bryce 6x Support (I haven't read a thing on you guys contacting DAZ)
Poser 4+ Support (I hear this is in the works?)
Although 3Dconnexion does provide software (add-ins) for several applications, most have native support for our devices. In other words, the implementation was developed and maintained by the application editor. We advise our customer (prospective or otherwise) to send this type of requests to the application editors. We do appreciate if you could post here any information you get from them.
Vista Ultimate (I saw something about Beta Drivers)
They are out of beta and are officially released. You can get them here.
Nuno Gomes
rEvolvingDesigns

Post by rEvolvingDesigns »

:)
What seems to be the problem(s)?
Well none as of yet, I just didnt see PhotoshopCS2 as a supported product in your drop down on the Main site, all I saw were Legacy drivers. But no Offical Support
Although 3Dconnexion does provide software (add-ins) for several applications, most have native support for our devices. In other words, the implementation was developed and maintained by the application editor. We advise our customer (prospective or otherwise) to send this type of requests to the application editors. We do appreciate if you could post here any information you get from them.
Interresting. How may I contact the Application Editors once my device comes in? What is the turn around time usually for responses?

Edit: Ahh nevermind, you want me to Contact DAZ and e-frontier

So thats basically a "No we don't support those applications because they dont support ours"?
They are out of beta and are officially released. You can get them here.
Yea I had spoken to soon, I had found that Vista is supported from the main page :)

Just and FYI, i purchased one today anyways for personal use, and will be using it for Research and development for the company I work for as an IT Manager who has an Engineering Department that Uses WildeFire3 predominantly.

The community for this piece of hardware looks largely promising, so I'm taking a gamble and just see what happens :)

I hope to not be disappointed, but from the looks of it, I'm already a satisfied customer.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rEvolvingDesigns wrote: Interresting. How may I contact the Application Editors once my device comes in? What is the turn around time usually for responses?
Just had a quick look on the web.
Bryce 6 is edited by DAZ Productions and their contact details are here.
The creator of Poser is e frontier and the contact details are here.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

To add, eFrontier is working on native support for Poser, schedule for release to be determined by them.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
colorblindpicaso

Post by colorblindpicaso »

That support cannot come soon enough.