Magellan Spacemouse XT Plus restart problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dds

Post by dds »

Hello again.
I made my Magellan Spacemouse XT Plus serial device work with an adapter ove usb. But now i have a different problem. Driver is starting at boot sequence and it works very well. But when i hibernate my windows xp pro. and resume to work i can not use the device. i have to stop the driver and then start it again. I tried to write a batch file for resetting the device containing

"C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxWare\3dxsrv.exe" -shutdown
"C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxWare\3dxsrv.exe" -SearchWarnDlg

lines. But i could not make the command prompt window close automatically. Do you have any suggestions for this? Or how can i fix the problem which occurs after hibarnating?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi dds

I would like to advise you to connect directly your device to the computer if you have a serial interface (on the computer). We couldn't recommend the use of serial to USB converters. What version of the 3DxSoftware are you using?
Last edited by agoenczi on Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
agoenczi
dds

Post by dds »

A friend of mine gave me this spacemouse. I am using a laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840) which doesn't have serial interface. Because of this i have to use a serial to usb adapter device.
Driver version: 2.8.2
3DxWare Version: 5.9.2
Firmware Version: 6.50
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi dds

I would advise you to check with a computer which has serial interface, or upgrade to a USB device. The latter solution would have the advantage, that you can use the latest software.
agoenczi