ACAD 2006 and A Spacemouse Plus

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwelin

Post by jwelin »

I find that I need to go into the 3DX config window and set the mode to 'screen' and auto-regen to 'on' for every file I open, every time I open it. This is a bit of a hassle.

I am using a Spacemouse Plus serial with 3Dxware V 5.9.2 and Autocad plugin V3.2.8 (R16), both of which are the latest version I can use.

A note on the plug in, the download is labeled "
3DxAutoCAD16_v3-2-9_win32.exe" but it installs V3.2.8.

I am wonder if buying a current USB Navigator or Explorer eliminates this problem.

In a previous post in the Application support forum, I mentioned that it would be an incredible improvment if the "3dmotion" commands issued by the controller were omitted from Autocad's command history, they way Autocad's mouse pan and zoom commands are. This would allow the redo last command to ignore the 3Dx movement, and make undos more efficient.

Lest I sound like a whiner, these controllers are the bomb!
John Welin
Columbian Model and Exhibit
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi jwelin

Unfortunately the 2 settings you mentioned couldn't be saved by our plug-in, as they are internal AutoCAD settings. You can surely find a solution as AutoCAD is a highly customizable software.

If you would buy a new device, you will be able to use the new software releases for our devices.

The omission of navigation commands is an issue which we would analyse.
agoenczi