<ALT> + <TABULATOR>

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rwbielstein

<ALT> + <TABULATOR>

Post by rwbielstein »

Hello,

I tried to create a new Function with the Buttons mentioned in the subject to have the possibility to change between the different open applications by pressing an individually porgrammed button, but it does not work...

Is there any hint to put these buttons into the function editor?

THX

Ruprecht
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello rwbielstein,

There is no way of generating this macro with the current GUI. You can add it by editing the config files for your applications if you want to do some work.

Edit the config files (with Wordpad) for all your applications and add the following line to the BUTTON_CHARACTERS entry as shown below (use a unique USER_### name):

BUTTON_CHARACTERS =
{
{ USER_000, "alt+tab macro", " +18:540540929 +9:983041 -9:983041 -18:3224895489" }
}

You can find the config file name by hovering over the 3Dx icon in the system tray. If it is a user_xxx file, it is under %APPDATA%/3dconnexion/3dxware/profiles.

You must assign this macro to the same button in all the applications you want to tab between. Each has to have this assigned or you will alt-tab into one and not be able to alt-tab out because the macro will not be assigned to the button you are pressing.

You might also just want to change the assignment of say, the Esc key to Tab, then alt + tab with the alt and "esc" keys on the SP. That way you get the windows interface showing the apps you are alt+tabbing between.

Let us know if this works for you.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
edgarharris

I didn't understood a thnig...

Post by edgarharris »

I know that you are proposing to edit some part of the progams in which I want to use the alt + tab funtion, but for the less pro user like me? is someone working in upgrading the interface to accept this regular command?
Edgar Harris
rwbielstein

Post by rwbielstein »

Hello Jim,

thanks for your fast and probably helpful answer. I tried to do as you suggested yesterday, but me as a user have no right to change the file in our network. :-/

I will ty it at home to see if it works.

Perhaps I can convince our BOFH to copy the changed file in the right directory...

Regards
Ruprecht
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Ruprecht,

You don't have to change the default file. You can save your own config and change that. Saved user configs are in %APPDATA%/3dconnexion/3dxware/profiles which you have write access to.

Jim
rwbielstein

Post by rwbielstein »

Hello Jim,

thanks a lot, it works!

I had a little trouble as far as I did'nt know that the user-specific scg-files are named "user01.scg, user02.scg" and so on, so I waited for Application-specific filenames and did'nt find them.

We will see what we find tomorrow as I fear that our BOFH erases my changes with a server-saved profile...

Regards
Ruprecht