SE Version Installation Error 1603

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

hwolfejr

SE Version Installation Error 1603

Post by hwolfejr »

I get an Error 1603 when I try to install AutoCAD 2007, 3DMax 8 and 3DMax 9 installations.
I did purchase the SE version.
Any solution?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi hwolfejr. Error 1603 is the generic failure code for MSI installations on Windows. It does not really tell us what the underlining problem is.
The best course of action is to generate an installation log for each of the problematic products:
  1. Uninstall 3DxSoftware from the Add or Remove Programs (ARP) panel;
  2. Download the web-install executable (3DxSoftware_v3-0-7.exe) from the 3Dconnexion web site and copy it to an empty folder (say, C:\temp);
  3. From a Command Prompt, change to the folder where 3DxSoftware is copied and execute the following command:

Code: Select all

C:\Temp> 3DxSoftware_v3-0-7 -a /z"/logpath=C:\temp"
    Note the the option /logpath needs to point to the folder where the log files are to be created;
  4. Proceed with the installation until you get to the "Setup Type" panel: select "Custom" and unselect all products except the add-ins for AutoCAD 2007, 3ds max 6-8 and 3ds Max 9;
  5. Complete the installation: three new log files should have been created in C:\temp.
You should package the log files and send them to us by E-mail. Let us know when you have the data ready and we will give you the E-mail address.
Please remember to post your system details and the exact versions of the applications.
After completing the above procedure, you should rerun the installation (without the command-line options) and installed the additional product that you require (specifically, 3DxWare).
Nuno Gomes
hwolfejr

Post by hwolfejr »

I have the log files ready, where do I send them?
Thanks,
hwolfejr
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi hwolfejr. We believe to have this issue already fixed on our next point-release (bug-fix) of version 3.0. That will be available in the next two weeks as it currently being verified.
Thanks for reporting the problem to us.