Space Pilot in Maya 8.5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Darkphreekquency

Space Pilot in Maya 8.5

Post by Darkphreekquency »

There are two problems here , for some reason when i open up one of my rigs the motion controller stops working ,,. all the buttons work.. secondly sometimes the hotbox just pops up unexpectedly and freezes the screen untill u hit the key for the hotbox and it goes away ... just wondering if anyone else has had this probem or knows what it could be ... Thanks
agoenczi
User
User

Space Pilot in Maya 8.5

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Darkphreekquency

Please describe the configuration you use and the driver version. Could you test the SpacePilot with another application?
agoenczi
Darkphreekquency

Post by Darkphreekquency »

Newest version of the driver for windows xp (32 bit) .. and im using maya 8.5 .. all the other applications work fine. If i import the character and rig into another scene as an object the motion controller works fine. but if i open the origional scene with the rig in it the controller stops working. My guess is that some files fromt he rig or just the scene in general are causing a conflict but im not sure. May also be due to a video driver, i currently have a lower end MSI PCI-e video card
agoenczi
User
User

Space Pilot in Maya 8.5

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Darkphreekquency

Could you make screen-shots to illustrate the situations when the described issues appear? If you do, please send them to the address:

forum@3dconnexion.com
agoenczi