Space Traveler in 3D Studio Max9

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

RayOfLight

Post by RayOfLight »

When using Safe Frame in Max 9 (any viewport) any movement made with the space traveler will zoom out. When Safe Frame is turned off, the traveler works as it's supposed to do.

Latest update is installed.

Is this a known problem? And if so, is there a solution? (except the workaround of not using Safe Frame ;) )
AMD 64 +4400, 2Gb, nvdia geforce 6150
winXP32, Max9, Vray 1.5
Space Traveler
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi RayOfLight

I reproduced the issue you mentioned and recorded under the number 4367 (for your reference). I used another device (SpaceExplorer), but the effect is the same.
agoenczi
GTWillemsen

spacepilot

Post by GTWillemsen »

the spacepilot hasn't got this problem (maybe already solved).
Works just fine.

But I've noticed that if using Adaptive degradation and/or culling, there are some problems....... while if not using the pilot but the standard arc rotate functionality, both seem to work fine?

Regards,
GT
agoenczi
User
User

spacepilot

Post by agoenczi »

Hi GTWillemsen

Unfortunately the adaptive degradation is not a supported function. I will record an enhancement request.
agoenczi
RayOfLight

Post by RayOfLight »

The traveller doesn't seem to have the problem too anymore..was there an update?
Sometimes the cursor changes to "viewport-change" during rotation, zoom or pan, and doesn't change back. Using the keyboard shortcut solves this.
AMD 64 +4400, 2Gb, nvdia geforce 6150
winXP32, Max9, Vray 1.5
Space Traveler
GTWillemsen

Re: spacepilot

Post by GTWillemsen »

agoenczi wrote:Hi GTWillemsen

Unfortunately the adaptive degradation is not a supported function. I will record an enhancement request.
Is appreciated, it is such a pity if large scene's can't be handled with the motion controller...
RayOfLight wrote:Sometimes the cursor changes to "viewport-change" during rotation, zoom or pan, and doesn't change back.
Didn't notice this yet, but i'll pay attention to it. What I do know, is the cursor changes a lot and it isn't perfect, but I can't be shure if it changes back all the tme or not.