3ds max viewport nav and timeline

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tak

Post by Tak »

Hi,

Yesterday I ordered SpaceNavigator and I'm so excited about it. I just hope I get it soon!

Anyway, I just wonder is there any way to switch roll function to viweport navigation <-> timeslider scroll by pressing some function button? SpaceNavigator has 2 buttons so... normally it would be default 3D space navigator, but pressing one button it will change functionality and slide time back and forward. Just like NLA editing stuff. ???

Thanks
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Tak

Have fun using your SpaceNavigator!

You can map any command available in 3DS Max to the keys of the SpaceNavigator. Use the add-in and map any function you want to the 2 keys of SpaceNavigator.

If you feel, that 2 keys aren't enough for your needs, take a look to our web-site: we have more exciting products you can choose from.
agoenczi
Tak

Post by Tak »

OK, today I get my SpaceNavigator! It's sweet :)

So, do I have to create own special macro to switch between viewport navigation mode and timeslide scrub mode? Or do you mean I can only set those two buttons to be go next frame/ previous frame?

Would be great if I can scrub time using roll.

Thanks.
Tak

Post by Tak »

So is it possible?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Tak

If you could make that with a (keyboard) key combination in 3DS Max you can do it with the 2 available buttons of the SpaceNavigator as well. Please use the button mapping editor available in the add-in.
agoenczi
Tak

Post by Tak »

Umm... I ment can I scroll timeslider using that joystick thing. For example if I roll clockwise timeslider will go forward and if I roll another direction time will go back. Not pressing buttons to move time forward and back. Just rolling.

Or is it stuck on 3D navigation use only? Thanks.
agoenczi
User
User

3DS Max

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Tak

The devices manufactured by 3Dconnexion were designed to navigate in 3D. If you have programming knowledge, you can download our SDK and implement your own application.
agoenczi