SpacePilotPro & Logitech G19 Work around.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fyew-jit-tiv

SpacePilotPro & Logitech G19 Work around.

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

Hi All.

I have just become an owner of the SpacePilotPro (Amazing Device i must say). I am also an owner of the Logitech G19 Keyboard, So yesterday i came across a problem when trying to run both devices together. After working on this for some hours i eventually found a solution on how get both devices working together. so here go....... :D

If your using both devices the first problem you will encounter is the Logetech G19's Gamerpanel software (lgs_835) will not work with the Space Pilot's Panel software (lgps_306)
I wont go into what happens as if you own both devices you will know what I'm talking about.

So here is my solution.

If you have already installed both sets of software then remove both.

Place this link into your browser as you will need to install this software at step#10 ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/ ... 06_x64.exe
Place this link into your browser as you will need to install this software at step#11 http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-so ... 5cd89d7718

1. Leaving the G19 connected to the System, uninstall the LGS_8.35 software.
2. Go to Devices Manager and click on the Logitech LCDs, Right click and remove the Logitech G19 LCD making sure you check the box that says "delete the driver software for this device".
3. Now unplug you G19 Keyboard. you will need a secondary keyboard to login (do not plugin in the G19 until you have done step #10)
4. Now uninstall the SpacePilot Software (LGPS_3.06) Software
5. Go To Device Manager again click on Logitech LCDs, Right click and remove 3DConnexion SpacePilot Pro making sure you check the box that says "delete the driver software for this device".
6. Unplug the SpacePilotPro from computer
7. Go to c:\ProgramData and delete the logitech folder.
8. Go to c:\Users\YOURPROFILE\AppData\Local and delete the logitech.
9. There is some registry keys you can delete using the RegEdit Program but do this at your own risk. As you know deleting the wrong registry keys can cause you system problem. If you choose to NOT delete the registry keys go ahead and restart you computer.
If you do wish to delete registry keys Look in the following location and delete these folder/keys. Open Reg edit and find keys HKEY_Current_User\software\logitech\Gamepanel Software (Delete the folder),
HKEY_Current_User\software\logitech\LCD Software (Delete Folder), HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Logitech here you will find 3 folders 1.GamePanel Software, 2.G-Series Software
* 3. LCD Software. Delete all 3 folders and restart you computer.
10. you have restarted your computer and now its time to install your software. The software you downloaded from Logitech FTP website for the G19 (ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/ ... 06_x64.exe) you now want to install. Once you have done so connect your G19 Keyboard to your chosen USB port wait for your computer to acknowledge the connection.

11. At this stage i have used 3DConnexion's Beta Software (3DxWare64SPP_v10-0-15_r1321), Install this software BUT at the install stage select custom Install and unckeck install Logitech Panel software which is the first box you will see in the list... This is important step as if you don't do this your computer will have 2 versions of the same software running and this will cause software conflicts with your computer problems.

12. Install has finished now connect your SpacePilotPro and restart your computer.
13. Now launch the logitech LCD manager and configure the applets to run in each selected device. I have enclosed a screen shot of what applets should run on each of the devices.

Basically this quick fix will solve the problem you will face running both devices on your system. Its not ideal as you will loose the latest version of Logitechs Gamer Software but at least you will get it to work. Im currently working with logitech to see if there can be a fix to this problem but dont hold your breath.

Any problems please feel free to contact me.

Regards
fyew-jit-tiv

Re: SpacePilotPro & Logitech G19 Work around.

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

Hi all,

The links i have provided in ht eabove post are for windows 64bit system here are the links for users running 32bit windows systems.

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/ ... gps306.exe <------This is Logitechs Gamepanel
http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-so ... 5cd89d7718 <-----3Dconnexions Software package BEAT
vitone

Re: SpacePilotPro & Logitech G19 Work around.

Post by vitone »

Hello. Thanks for your guide. I can't understand how to use both the programs made for the SpacePilot and the ones made for the G19. If I follow your guide then I have a configuration wherer the SpacePilot programs are not available on the SpacePilot monitor, but just the Logitech ones. For example I can't use the SolidWorks plug in (it show some useful data) and I can't use the "show what each key will do" monitor.

Can you help me? I would like to have all the programs that are included with the SpacePilot.