space explorer and autocad 2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CHALKY

Post by CHALKY »

I've just purchased a usb space explorer to go with my upgrade to autocad 2007. It doesn't seem nearly as user friendly as my old serial space mouse was with autocad 2004.
One of the problems is that after rotating a model on screen the image jumps back to the previous view as soon as I try and do anything. Even if it doesn't new entities are added to the previous drawing plane. Is it me???
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi CHALKY

Could you specify which 3DxSoftware version do you use? Does it happen every time, or not regularly?

Have you any problem with other applications as for instance with the demos?
agoenczi
Niels

Post by Niels »

Hello,

I have the exact same problem with the Spaceexplorer USB and Autocad 2007. It appears that the model is rotating when I use the device, but after a regen it pops back to the previous view. If I don't regen the view appears to be correct, but the object snap "magnet" pops to locations where objects were before rotating the view.

I use the latest drivers (3.1.8) and it happens every time.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi CHALKY, hi Niels

This is a known issue, please have some patience, the fix will be published in the new software release about the end of this month.
agoenczi
Niels

Post by Niels »

Hello agoenczi,

Thank you for your quick response, and I will be eagerly awaiting a software update.

Any idea if the driver RBC9 wrote for use with games and such (Thread) is compatible with the Space Explorer? And if so, does it interfere in any way with the Autocad functionality?
agoenczi
User
User

SpaceExplorer and AutoCAD 2007

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Niels

If you want you can test the driver RBC9 wrote, however as that is not delivered from 3dconnexion we can't offer any guarantee.

3dconnexion never tested the driver written by RBC9 but I suppose it could not be used in parallel with the driver and other software components delivered by 3dconnexion. You can stop the 3DxWare (the driver delivered by 3Dconnexion) and start the driver written by RBC9, or stop the RBC9driver and start 3DxWare.

Please ask RBC9 if his driver supports the SpaceExplorer.
agoenczi
jwelin

What is the status of this problem?

Post by jwelin »

Agoenczi wrote that the "returning to the previous view" problem was a known issue. I would like to know if it has been resolved in the current release for ACAD2007

I am running releaseV3.2.2, driver V 6.2.1, firm V3.18 with a SpaceNavigator SE and Autocad 2007 AddIn 4.1.1 (I think, from the readme changes section)

I experience to "returning" behavior in 2d wireframe very often, but not all the time; but not in 3d wireframe. I prefer 2d wireframe.

Also, the 3Dconnexion toolbar resets to the upper left corner every restart of Autocad, as has been mentioned in previous posts.

Thank you.
John Welin
Columbian Model and Exhibit