Change window in Pro/E Wildfire - slower than before

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi JockeR
JockeR wrote:I removed the 3DxOffice and 3DxAdobe drivers, and the delay when switching between application disappeared.
This may be an important piece of the puzzle. Thanks for reporting it and for testing 3.0.9.
droche

Post by droche »

I'm having the same problem - a 5 second delay when switching windows in Pro/E. I've noticed a few things that might be of help:

- when switching from a window with an assembly to another window with an assembly, there is no delay
- when switching from a window with an assembly to a window with a part, the delay occurs.
- during the time that it takes to switch, I can see the display on the SpacePilot updating one field at a time (going from "Pro/ENGINEER Assembly1" to "Pro/ENGINEER Part1"). Everything is back to normal once the display gets updated.

This would also explain why removing drivers for office and acrobat fixed the problem for some - the display does not have to update if you switch to an application that has no driver associated with it.
Last edited by droche on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi droche,
droche wrote:I'm having the same problem - a 5 second delay when switching windows in Pro/E. I've noticed a few things that might be of help:

- when switching from a window with an assembly to another window with an assembly, there is no delay
- when switching from a window with an assembly to a window with a part, the delay occurs.
- during the time that it takes to switch, I can see the display on the SpacePilot updating one field at a time (going from "Pro/ENGINEER Assembly1" to "Pro/ENGINEER Part1"). Everything is back to normal once the display gets updated.

This would also explain why removing drivers for office and acrobat fixed the problem for some - the display does not have to update if you switch to an application that has no driver associated with it.
This is very helpful, yes. It certainly narrows the possibilities.
Could you please post your system details?
droche

Post by droche »

My System:

Windows XP Pro, SP2
Pentium 4 3.40GHz
3.25GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 345/4000 SDI

Pro Engineer version: Wildfire 3.0, Date Code M040

3DxWare Version 6.0.18
Firmware Version 3.12

Please let me know if I can provide any more useful info.

Thanks!
-Dan
Bob

Post by Bob »

I also am experiancing the same issue. Wildfire2 build M210.
It's quite annoying......
10mrussell

Post by 10mrussell »

Unfortunately I have not had chance to load the latest driver 3.0.9. I am going to do that today and try to report back in a few days or when ever I have had a chance to evaluate it. As JockeR stated earlier, I have also unloaded the plug-in for Microsoft office and the problem went away (ver. 3.0.07).
Peter_W

Windows change in ProE

Post by Peter_W »

Hello,

I have the same problem when switching between windows in ProE WF 2.0. When I stop the spacepilot driver(v3-0-9), then ProE is back to normal. At this moment the waiting time when switching is 10 - 15 seconds. Very irritating!

When can i install a new driver? Will the v3.1.1-beta driver solve this problem?

greetings,

Peter
srieger

3.0.9 Still has it

Post by srieger »

I get this issue with switching between windows with the 3.0.9 version of the software. I'm using Wildfire 2 build M240. The problem gets progressively worse the more windows you have open. If I only have 2 windows open it may be virtually un-noticeable. If I open up say 5-10 windows, it gets unbearably slow. Slow to the point of aggravation and I have to just shut the driver down.
JockeR

Post by JockeR »

Hi,
I have been using the 3.1.3 beta drivers fore some days now, and delay when switching windows is now much better, meening that the delay now is very very short.

Actually, I haven't been experiencing any problems or annoyances with theses drivers so far.

Good job guys!
Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire2 - user & administrator
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hello,

Try as we might, we can't reproduce this problem in-house (but we do believe all of you <G>).

Can one of you who are experiencing this problem help us zero in on the culprit? Please uninstall 3DxProENGINEER (you will lose your 3DxProE menu and SpacePilot button functionality while it is uninstalled).

Go to the Add/Remove Panel, select 3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware, then Change, Modify, Next, and unselect 3Dconnexion Plug-in for Pro/ENGINEER, Next, Finish.

Let us know on this forum if this has an effect on the delays you are seeing.

Thanks.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
10mrussell

Post by 10mrussell »

I just found out that the Microsoft plug-in is no longer supported by 3d connexion. This may have been the source of all the delay issues. As I no longer have it installed I do not have any delay problems.
Spacer

Post by Spacer »

Hello !

Just want to say thanks! The problem has been fixed very satisfyingly,
(after it had been very bothering - even to the point that I started
regretting having bought the space pilot).

After uninstalling the complete old drivers and software (simple update seems not to be sufficient) I downloaded the new 3.1.8 3DxSoftware and installed (only!) the plug-in for Pro/E v1.2.8 it worked very fine!

Switching between parts -> assy or drw, etc. works with almost no
delay.

Thank you!!

Spacer

jwick wrote:Hello,

Try as we might, we can't reproduce this problem in-house (but we do believe all of you <G>).

Can one of you who are experiencing this problem help us zero in on the culprit? Please uninstall 3DxProENGINEER (you will lose your 3DxProE menu and SpacePilot button functionality while it is uninstalled).

Go to the Add/Remove Panel, select 3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware, then Change, Modify, Next, and unselect 3Dconnexion Plug-in for Pro/ENGINEER, Next, Finish.

Let us know on this forum if this has an effect on the delays you are seeing.

Thanks.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Pro/E WF 2.0 M240
WinXP Prof.