Photoshop CS2 issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew

Photoshop CS2 issue

Post by Andrew »

Hi, I am using CS2 on a Windows based PC, and my Navigator will quite happily pan and zoom inside the application, but when I attempt to close CS2 it shuts any open files and then just sit there. The only way to kill it is through Task Manager.

Any ideas? I have re-downloaded the plugin and tried it agin but still no joy.

Also is there any way to map key-strokes to controls other than the 2 buttons? For example being able to map [ to left rotate and ] to right rotate to allow it to change brush size in Photoshop?

Andy.
agoenczi
User
User

Photoshop CS2 issue

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Andrew

Could you specify what version of 3DxSoftware do you use? If you don't have it yet, please try our new release v3-1-8 of 3DxSoftware.

When you shut down PhotoShop CS2 it shuts really any open files (by other applications too), or just from Photoshop CS2?

How did you tried to install the plugin again?
agoenczi
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the very quick reply!

I am using the latest version of CDxS/Ware downloaded form the website, Ver 3.1.8 with driver 6.1.7

To clarify the "closing files issue" what I meant was that if you have an image open in CS2 which you have been panning / zooming and generally Photoshoping (should be a word by now!) when you close Photoshop, it will close the open image (not any other programs / files outside of Photoshop) but the blank Photoshop interface is still there, you can even open the menus (however nothing inside them works)

I removed the plugin form the Adobe plugins folder and all is fine again (obviously no Photoshop support for the SN though). Reinstalling the plugin downloaded fresh from the website replaces it but I still get the same issue. Whist using Photoshop the SN behaves perfectly zooming and panning away.

Thanks in advance!

Andy
agoenczi
User
User

Photoshop CS2 issue

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Andrew

I tried to reproduce your issue. I could open more pictures, I could pan and zoom. As I closed Photoshop everything belonging to Photoshop disappeared including the previously opened pictures.

Do you have a 64 bit machine?

Please describe your configuration (both operating system with service pack and hardware - processor, graphic card, memory, connected USB devices).
agoenczi
Andrew

Re: Photoshop CS2 issue

Post by Andrew »

agoenczi wrote:Hi Andrew

I tried to reproduce your issue. I could open more pictures, I could pan and zoom. As I closed Photoshop everything belonging to Photoshop disappeared including the previously opened pictures.

Do you have a 64 bit machine?

Please describe your configuration (both operating system with service pack and hardware - processor, graphic card, memory, connected USB devices).
System is 32bit...

Win XP Home SP2
Photoshop CS 2 9.02

Athlon 2600 2.6Ghz
2Gb RAM
nVidia 7600 Dual Head running 2 TFTs at 1280x1024 each
Epson RX640 Printer Scanner (not actuall on at the time though)
Logitech MX300 wirelees Kyb/Mouse
Wacom Intuous 3 tablet.

Cheers!

Andy
agoenczi
User
User

Photoshop CS2 issue

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Andrew

About the key-strokes: you can start the driver-GUI and map any shown command from the list (activate the button mapping in the driver GUI) to the 2 available keys of the SpaceNavigator. There is a possibility to increase the brush size mapping the appropiate function to one of the available keys.

Please specify which did you installed for Photoshop.
agoenczi
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi there,

I managed to find a work around using RBC9's very clever driver which has enabled me to map various motions to various keystroke shortcuts.

Thanks for the support and remarkbly quick feedback!

Andy
TimTek

Post by TimTek »

Hi,

i use the same software (CS2, german) but i didn´t have any Problems.

I have installed the Plugin from the Original CD (ver. 1.2.6) , because i find an other Version on the Download Page.
Where can i find the Plugin for Photoshop, think i´m blind, didn´t find any Photoshop Plugin :( :oops: ?

Tim :wink:
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Tim,

The Photoshop driver is on the main 3DConnexion website...

Support / Drivers / Space Nav / Archive (Legacy) / 3DXPhotoshop.

Andy
TimTek

Post by TimTek »

Hi Andy,

many thanks :!:

"Archive (Legacy)" , that resolve my Problem 8) :)

Tim