Photoshop and SpaceNavigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi jayse and submono,

You can go into the 3DxWare GUI Custom Function Editor and change the assignment of Brush Larger/Smaller to whatever macro you want (ctrl + -/=) then those macros will get executed when you spin the SN sensor. Just don't change the name.

You can also assign those to the SN right and left buttons.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
submono

Post by submono »

Hi Jim,

so, basically this means overwriting the existing macro with another one, right? Hmm, I'd rather have a precise zoom when I pull or push the knob upwards/downwards (pan up/down). How can I implement this? Changing the brush size when spinning the device is already very convenient.

Thanks, submono
eddy

Post by eddy »

When rotating the cap left or right to change the brush size, the SN just seems to be sending the left bracket [ and right bracket ] keys at the same rate, regardless of how far your are rotating the cap.

Is there any way to make this variable, like when scrolling or zooming, such that you can quickly change the brush size but rotating it a lot, and tweak the size slightly by rotating it only a little?
jwick

Post by jwick »

There is no GUI for this. It can only be achieved by editing the Photoshop.scg file in the en_us/profiles/default directory (or your saved user config).

You can change all the lines similar to:

MOTION_MAP_5_POS_USER = { USER_013, REPEAT_CONSTANT, 25.00, 100.00, 5.00 }
MOTION_MAP_5_NEG_USER = { USER_014, REPEAT_CONSTANT, 25.00, 100.00, 5.00 }

to:

MOTION_MAP_5_POS_USER = { USER_013, REPEAT_FEATHERED, 10.00, 100.00, 0.10 }
MOTION_MAP_5_NEG_USER = { USER_014, REPEAT_FEATHERED, 10.00, 100.00, 0.10 }

Where you will have to play with the 0.10 scale factor to get the rate that you want. Smaller numbers will make it send slower; larger numbers faster.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
eddy

Post by eddy »

Thanks Jim!

That totally rocks.

I bought the SN specifically to use with Photoshop and this tweak makes me quite happy... :wink: