SpacePilot Pro and Logitech Keyboards

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

TimTabor

SpacePilot Pro and Logitech Keyboards

Post by TimTabor »

When using SpacePilotPro (Driver 6.15.5 / Release 3.15.5) in Windows 7 64bit, and in conjunction with Logitech Keyboards with LCDs (G13 and G19), the SpacePilot Screen images intermittentantly display on the Keyboard Screens (causing them to flast at about 1hz). Any solutions?
ngomes

Re: SpacePilot Pro and Logitech Keyboards

Post by ngomes »

Hi TimTabor,

I don't think the SPP is compatible with software for the G13 and G19. Have you tried uninstalling the software for the keyboards and leaving only that for the SPP?
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

I think the issue is that the latest Logitech drivers/software take control of the LCD panels on G13/G15/G19 devices whereas previously these were controlled via the separate lcd app that the SP Pro makes use of.

The result being that if you install the ltest Logitech drivers, you end up with a conflict on the LCD side if you are also running an SP Pro.

Would be good if they could live nicely together, especially given the common heritage...
vitone

Post by vitone »

Hi! I am a new user. of the SpacePilot Pro and I am experiencing the same problem with my G19. I have to disable in the keyboard LCD.
I'd really like to know if you can make new drivers that can work with latest logitech drivers. I saw that your drivers are based on the old logitech drivers for LCD keyboards.
Please help us solve this problem, I use many G19 features in my workflow and I can't use them if the LCD screen is disabled (not only the monitor, but also custom colors for different software and different G key configuration). Let me know! Thanks.
vitone

Post by vitone »

I asked Santa for a solution, maybe he will bring me new drivers for the SpacePilot PRO screen so that it will work with the G19 keyboard!

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me when the new drivers will be released. I am not a software expert, but I don't think that it is so hard to make a driver that can work correctly with both the SpacePilot PRO and the G19. Please :D!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Vitone,

Since the SpacePilot PRO was working fine before installing the keyboard software, the problem does not appear to be with the drivers for the PRO but with the drivers for the keyboard that was installed. You would want to put in a request for a solution with your keyboard manufacturer.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5716

I have fully explained how to get around this problem. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I have the G19 With Space pilot pro and they work perfect but you will loose some minor functions with the G19/
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

Bryan wrote:Dear Vitone,

Since the SpacePilot PRO was working fine before installing the keyboard software, the problem does not appear to be with the drivers for the PRO but with the drivers for the keyboard that was installed. You would want to put in a request for a solution with your keyboard manufacturer.

Sincerely,
Bryan

The problem is with running two different version of the LGS software. SpacePP uses the Legacy version and the G19 uses the Current LGS version. Since both pieces of hardware are running the same sort of screen they both want to access the LGS software which then plays havoc with the g19. Look here as there is a solution I have found to make them work. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5716
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

vitone wrote:I asked Santa for a solution, maybe he will bring me new drivers for the SpacePilot PRO screen so that it will work with the G19 keyboard!

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me when the new drivers will be released. I am not a software expert, but I don't think that it is so hard to make a driver that can work correctly with both the SpacePilot PRO and the G19. Please :D!

Looks like Santa has come through for you. Have a look here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5716

If you have any problems contact me.
fyew-jit-tiv

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

vitone wrote:Hi! I am a new user. of the SpacePilot Pro and I am experiencing the same problem with my G19. I have to disable in the keyboard LCD.
I'd really like to know if you can make new drivers that can work with latest logitech drivers. I saw that your drivers are based on the old logitech drivers for LCD keyboards.
Please help us solve this problem, I use many G19 features in my workflow and I can't use them if the LCD screen is disabled (not only the monitor, but also custom colors for different software and different G key configuration). Let me know! Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5716

Follow the link above. Any problems contact me.

P.S you will loose some functionality with the G19 but its minor
vitone

Post by vitone »

Thanks for your answer! I'll let you know if this works, sorry for the late reply.