After rotating or moving my part keeps moving

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

n0f8r

Re: After rotating or moving my part keeps moving

Post by n0f8r »

I have drift in my device and I tried setting a deadband value in %appdata%\3dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Global_User.xml - which was already set to 10, presumably from an old version of 3dxware that allowed you to set it in the app.

However - whatever value I used did nothing, even though checking the 3DxService.log I could see the file was being loaded - while checking that log however I also found C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg\Global.xml - which also had a global deadband setting, but set to 0, changing the value in that file worked.
loddie

Post by loddie »

you can try this:
set a global Deadband in the %appdata%\3dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Global_User.xml.
It is used for all devices. The range is the input range of the device, ~350.
Is it possible to adjust the global Deadband on a Mac?

I do realize this is a Windows forum, but as new forum user, I was not able to start a new thread. :( Perhaps after this post I will be. :D
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

loddie wrote:Is it possible to adjust the global Deadband on a Mac?
No, sorry. This cannot be changed on the Mac.
Forsh

Post by Forsh »

I'm glad to say I don't have this problem but a colleague next to me does so we swapped our Space mice over. Hot swapped and the problem transferred to my machine
So I'm guessing it's a hardware problem?

:)
RobH

Post by RobH »

A few years later on this issue.

I began to have the same problem. Calibrated twice and no help, then I saw "flat surface." mine was on a sloping keyboard support, not much, but wasn't completely flat/level. I 'Calibrated' twice more on level desktop and all seems OK now.
3ds Max 2024, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Spacemouse Pro Wireless, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor