Serial Number

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

juane

Serial Number

Post by juane »

Filling out the online registration form...
where the heck is the friggin' serial number on my new SpaceNav?
It's not on the unit.
It's not on the CD.
It's not on the CD sleeve.
It's not on the box.
It's not in the box.
It's not on the directions.

juane
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi juane, you can find the serial number (or "PID") on the label attached to the cable near the USB connector.
Nuno Gomes
juane

Post by juane »

Ahh, the one place I did not check: the back of the computer!
Thanks!
erniec

me too

Post by erniec »

I also spent a lot of time looking for a serial number. I ended up entering "none" in the on-line registration form. Of course the SN was already hooked up to my PC and I didn't consider that the serial no. was on a sticker at the USB end.

So, is there a way that I can get back to my registration record and update it with my serial number? Is that s/n really needed?
James Meyette

Post by James Meyette »

I selected the numbers above the UPC Code.... DOH!!!! Should have put it on the box folks, that were it is when ever I buy any other computer hardware.
James Meyette
Mastercam X2 Programmer
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Depending on where you were in the registration process, your information may be available when you return to the page. Please return to www.3dconnexion.com/registration. Your serial number must be entered to complete registration.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
triststephens

Serial Number

Post by triststephens »

I too did not find the serial number (called p/n?) untill after filling out the registration using the bar code number. Having re-entered the serial after reading advice in this thread, I still don't know if the device is properly registered or not. Do you send an email to acknowledge sucessful registration?
Thanks
gnbisanz

Re: Serial Number

Post by gnbisanz »

triststephens wrote:I too did not find the serial number (called p/n?)
In an earlier post in this thread, it was said that the "PID" was the correct number. I've also re-done my registration, but I haven't seen anything yet. I also haven't heard anything about my previous improper registration, either, so it's probably not an automatic response system.
erniec

Suggestion

Post by erniec »

Since the registration process has you enter info into a web page, it's a simple matter to add some text to that web page:
1. Serial number location - on the USB cable
2. Serial number on the tag: labeled PID
ngomes

Re: Suggestion

Post by ngomes »

erniec wrote:1. Serial number location - on the USB cable
2. Serial number on the tag: labeled PID
Hi ernic. Thanks for the suggestions. We will take them in consideration for the next version of our support web form.
3Dnewb

Post by 3Dnewb »

Hello All
Old thread I know but I'm trying to register my Space Mouse but there is no label on the USB cord. Is the PID registered in the unit itself? What I mean is, is there a way to find out via properties or something for the device when it is plugged in?
Thanks,
Nick
jwick

Post by jwick »

Open the 3Dconnexion Properties GUI (3Dx systray icon right mouse click).
More->About. It lists your devices with the PIDs. It may need to be connected through USB to retrieve it.
luping

Post by luping »

3Dnewb wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am Hello All
Old thread I know but I'm trying to register my Space Mouse but there is no label on the USB cord. Is the PID registered in the unit itself? What I mean is, is there a way to find out via properties or something for the device when it is plugged in?
Thanks,
Nick

The serial number can be found here. In the 2nd screenshot below, it's connected wireless, so not possible to display PID, but you can view PID from the bottom of the device or when connected via USB cable.
panel about.png
panel about.png (30.42 KiB) Viewed 10108 times
about.png
about.png (16.74 KiB) Viewed 10108 times
3Dnewb

Post by 3Dnewb »

Luping, thanks for that

Is there any way to check if it is already registered as I bought it second hand? And if it is, will I be able to register it in my name?
luping

Post by luping »

3Dnewb wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:43 am Luping, thanks for that

Is there any way to check if it is already registered as I bought it second hand? And if it is, will I be able to register it in my name?
If you have the receipt, it's possible.