Custom functions

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

spainman

Custom functions

Post by spainman »

I'm trying to assign Ctrl-Z to one of the SpacePilot buttons using the "custom functions" functionality. Can't get it to work. I can record the keystrokes and assign the new function to a button but they are not played back. Even checked with a own test program and no WM_KEYDOWN/UP reaches the window.

No custom function works. Even recorded readable stuff in the "Any application" profile and tried to play it back in notepad, but it does nothing. Of course any predefined key selectable in 3dxware works (e.g. end or home), just the custom stuff

Original motivation is something as simple as assigning "Undo" to a space pilot button in NX8. This is so basic I can't believe it does not work without even having to think about it :-( Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks.

My configuration:
Win7 x64
Spacepilot
3dxware 3.15.3 / driver 6.15.3
3DxNx plugin
NX 8
Fred

Post by Fred »

There is a problem with the keyboard simulation in NX on Vista and Win7-64bit. The command mapping in 3DxWare does not work correctly and the mapped commands are not executed.

The issue is related to the UAC [User Account Control] in Windows. The UAC specifically stops the mechanism the 3DxNX software uses to send macros. One option is to turn off the UAC, however, this lowers the level of security so it is not a recommended solution. If you want to temporaily turn off the UAC you can type UAC in the search bar next to the Start button then lower the UAC slider.

Another option is to use the new beta software since it uses a different mechanism to generate the commands.[http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-so ... xlabs.html]

Beta software testing is typically done on personal or non-production PCs. If this is a network PC, please check with your IT department before switching to the beta driver.Technical support for software in beta testing is limited to the forum. You can visit our forum to give feedback, share your experiences and get advice.[ 3DxWare 10 Beta Forum at http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/ ]

The internal bug tracking number for this issue is #5293. Please check our release notes when a new driver to see when a fix is available for this problem.

Driver releases are posted on our download page on the day they become available and are not pre-announced.The Release Notes .PDF for the driver lists issues that have been addressed and plugins that have been updated .[http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html]
spainman

Post by spainman »

This is a duplicate of the original thread. The server did not seem to react so I pressed the submit button again - feel free to remove the thread.

Regarding the beta 10:
Tried it, looks like a great improvement overall but is totally useless with NX because the button assignments do not appear on the device display. Instead it reads "Application function" or something similar on every single line.

Thanks,
Ruben