WF2 and 64 bit machine - driver not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

I am using WF2 on a new 64-bit machine and my new SpaceExplorer (which i love by the way) works, but when i boot the CAD software it informs me that the ProE driver is not installed ....... up shot is that i can not set any of my buttons. The SpaceExplorer works, but no button configuration. I know this is a problem as i have all the buttoins set up on my 32 bit laptop (same OS and WF2).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Arlo Blair
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi arlo_blair

Please open the driver GUI (by double-clicking to the 3DxWare symbol in the task tray) and activate the "Update Wizard". Afterwards test the behaviour in Pro/E again.

Please post your findings here.
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

Thanks for the response. I have updated the latest driver as you suggest ..... no difference, it still says 'failed to load 3dxPROENGINEER' when i boot the CAD software?!?!

Regards

Arlo
agoenczi
User
User

WF2 and SpaceExplorer

Post by agoenczi »

Hi arto_blair

Please switch on the "Write Log File" function (you can do it in the driver GUI under the main menu "Tools"). Afterwards send the generated log file to the following address:

Edit: removed e-mail address.
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

Agoencz1,

I have turned the 'write log file' on, what extension does the file have and where is it stored?

Regards

Arlo
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi arto_blair

The log file will be saved under:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\3Dconnexion\3DxWare

and it is called 3DxWare.log

Please check if you have a localised Windows version: the path could be eventually be slightly different; the above path is valid for the US-English version of Windows.
agoenczi
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

Agoencz1,

I have found the log file and will e-mail it now to you.

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Arlo
agoenczi
User
User

WF 2.0 64 bit

Post by agoenczi »

Hi arlo_blair

I received your file. It will be analysed and I will let you know about the findings.
agoenczi
agoenczi
User
User

WF2.0 64 bit

Post by agoenczi »

Hi arlo_blair

It seems, that you are using 3DxOffice. Please deinstall this software as it doesn't work on a 64 bit system.

Remove the 3DxSoftware completely from the system (as described in the following post).

Finally install a new 3DxSoftware v3-1-8 and test Pro/E again.

If you still have problems, please switch on the logging and send the new log file to the same address.
agoenczi
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

Thanks, i'll try that and will let you know my progress.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Arlo
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

I have completely removed (regedit and all) 3dconnexion software, downloaded the 55Mb 3.1.8 driver ..... and it doesn't work. The device has power to it (blue light pipe is illuminated) and i can open the control panel, but i i can't manipuylate my CAD model onscreen!!!

What do i do now? I clearly can't send you another log file!

I need to work!

Regards

Arlo
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

I have just gone back to my ProE screen and noticed that for the first time i now have the 3dxProengineer pull down menu .... but still can't move the model on screen.

Thinking about this, the only problem i had was when i tried to complete the automated registration web page that pops up; i couldn't find my serial number. I know that when i first registered i did enter it ..... could this be the problem?

Regards

Arlo
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

More info for you, i have rebooted again and i still can't move the CAD model .... but all of the buttons on the device work!!! Whats going on?

Looking forward to your help on this once again.

Regards

Arlo
arlo_blair

Post by arlo_blair »

I have found the serial number and registered properly .... still not working. I no longer get the 'failed to load 3dxProengineer' message when i boot up WF2, i've got the pull down menu in WF2, so it all looks perfect, aprat from the fact i can't move the model onscreen!

Help :!:

Regards

Arlo
agoenczi
User
User

WF 2.0 64 bit

Post by agoenczi »

Hi arlo_blair

Could you try to activate the actual window (the command Activate under the menu "Window" in Pro/E, or the keystroke <Ctrl>-A).

Another thing you should try: keep the mouse cursor over the windows which you will navigate in and move your navigation knob.
agoenczi