Autocad 2006 and windows don't work

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Buggybes

Post by Buggybes »

Hi,

Solid Works works fine with the space explorer, but other programs doesn't. (windows explorer, autocad)
I already download the latest driver and still it doesn't work. What next?

I had a space pilot for test, and than al programs works fine.

So we order the wrong Space handler? Our reseller said that there where no difference. Except price and screen on the pilot. Or is there a other driver available?

Please help out with this issue, because why want to order 3 more.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Buggybes

Unfortunately our new driver doesn't support MS-Office and the AutoCAD versions prior to 2007.

As you already have the driver installed :D , all what you have to do is to download the archived plug-ins for "AutoCAD (pre-2007)" and "3DxOffice Plug-in" and install them.

You will find these on our download page by selecting your device under STEP1, selecting "Archive (Legacy Software)" under STEP2 and selecting the required plug-in under STEP3 (only one can be selected). Afterwards click on the "Download Driver" button.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Buggybes,

Our latest Release, version 3.0, includes a new solution (add-in) for AutoCAD 2007. For earlier versions of the application, you will need to download the software from the "Archive" category on the download page.

Windows Explorer was supported using a product (3DxOffice) that is no longer actively supported but you can still retrieve it from the same location. For more information, see the Where can I find 3DxOffice, 3DxPhotoshop and 3DxAcrobat? post.
Nuno Gomes
Buggybes

office works, Autocad 2002 doesn't.

Post by Buggybes »

Thx.

That was the missing driver. Office works fine now.

Autocad 2002 doesn't. :? Autocad 2006 works fine.
agoenczi
User
User

office works, Autocad 2002 doesn't.

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Buggybes

I'm afraid, that AutoCAD 2002 is not supported anymore. :cry:

But you can use AutoCAD 2006. :D
Buggybes

SW 2007

Post by Buggybes »

I've installed SW2007. The Space Exploder wasn't working fine, so I've downloaded and installed 3DxSoftware_v3-2-2. In SW2007 the Space Explorer works fine. At Windows it works fine. But not in AutoCAD 2006, I can only move the view from right to left (and back to right). I've already try to reinstall the AutoCAD plug in, but not the expected result.

So what's the problem? :?
agoenczi
User
User

SW 2007

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Buggybes

Please remove completely the AutoCAD pre-2007 plug-in and reinstall it again while keeping the latest 3DxSoftware installed.
agoenczi
Buggybes

Post by Buggybes »

Give the same result, Agoenczi. Reinstalled of the AutoCAD plug in, but only moving from right to left and back. :(

Old plug AutoCAD 2006?

Is there a other suggestion?
agoenczi
User
User

office works, Autocad 2002 doesn't

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Buggybes

Please check if you have any restrictions of the navigation in the profile "AutoCAD - <your_username>". To do that just start AutoCAD and make the window it runs into smaller, so that you can access other windows as well.

Start the "3Dconnection control panel" check if the profile "AutoCAD - <your_username>" is displayed and see if there are any unchecked boxes under the tab "Advanced Settings" on the left side. If so, please do check the unchecked boxes and try to navigate in AutoCAD 2006.
agoenczi
Buggybes

Post by Buggybes »

Hi agoenczi,

"AutoCAD - <your_username>" isn't on the list. :cry:

In the other applications there is no restriction/unchecked boxes.

Mouse works fine in AutoCad, so something strang is going on.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Buggybes,

If you don't have no profile called "AutoCAD - <your_username>" , that means you never made any change to the basic profile which is called just "AutoCAD" You have to check the settings in this profile: are there any restrictions as described for the other ("AutoCAD - <your_username>" ) profile`?

I don't understand exactly what do you mean with:
Mouse works fine in AutoCad, so something strang is going on.

but you wrote that you have problems in AutoCAD 2006? Could you explain that plese?
agoenczi
Buggybes

Post by Buggybes »

Hi agoenczi,

I mean that mine normal mouse (logitec) works fine. The Spaceexplorer doesn't.

How do I make a profile? Normally when I start up for example SW, than automaticaly it is on the list of the panel of the space explorder. So you mean that the space explorder doesn't see that there is a AutoCad program running on mine pc?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Buggybes

The SpaceExplorer doesn't behave like a mouse. The mouse is a system device but the SpaceExplorer isn't.

You can make a profile by changing some settings and saving them. The save operation could be done automatically by setting the corresponding menu point in the driver GUI (3Dconnexion Control Panel).

Do you see the 3DxAutoCAD plug-in in AutoCAD?

Could you navigate with your device at all in AutoCAD?

Please check the AutoCAD settings, because you could have some restrictions set and I suppose in your case you have set some restrictions and that's why not all the navigation possibilities are available in AutoCAD.
agoenczi
Buggybes

Post by Buggybes »

Hi agoenczi,

I've changed from profile in AutoCAD, but now I can't navigat at all with the spaceexplorer. At first, I've could move only from right to left and back.

I don't see the plug-in. But I'm not a expert in AutoCAD, so may by I missed it.

It's not very user friendly the combination AutoCAD and the SpaceEploder. :cry: I don't know why, my other programs are really working fine.