3DxWare Driver - Unable to load a user interface

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

purpleferret

3DxWare Driver - Unable to load a user interface

Post by purpleferret »

I am having a problem with the 3DxWare Driver, every time i load windows (7) i get an error message saying

3DxWare Driver
Unable to load a user interface.

I used an old driver with my space navigator for ages with no problems, i updated the driver to the new release i now get this error 8 out of 10 times.

I would go back to an old driver if i had one.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
David

Win7
Inventor 2012
ACAD 2012
UtaSH

Re: 3DxWare Driver - Unable to load a user interface

Post by UtaSH »

Hi purpleferret,

did you try a clean install as described here: http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/28?
purpleferret

Post by purpleferret »

Thanks UtaSH
I have just tried it and no it still does not work.
Thanks
David
Fred

Post by Fred »

Here are 2 more things to try:

1) It is also possible to see the 'Unable to load user interface' error when the software does not find the needed permissions. Windows Updates can sometimes return permissions to defaults. If the software starts with this error after Windows updates or patches,check whether permissions or security exceptions may have returned to defaults.

Locate the "start driver"
Go to:
All programs
3Dconnexion
Driver
Right click on start driver
Select properties
choose
Compatibilty
Bottom of page select "run as administrator"
Save

Reboot

2) Make sure the device connected directly to a USB port on the PC rather than to an extension, hub or adapter. When the device is not getting sufficient power and the driver tries to load you can see the 'Unable to load user interface' error.
Honkponk

Post by Honkponk »

Same here. No idea. Beta had some issues, but this version is total crap on WIN7 — messed around with this for 4 hours. perfect day!
Hidiho everyone!
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello honkponk -

Since you are seeing a problem after uninstalling the beta software, the source of the problem may be that your device is not being recognized. You can remove the device from Device Manager so it can be properly recognized.Check in Device Manager under 'Mice and other Pointing Devices'. If a 3Dconnexion device is listed there, right-click on it and choose "Uninstall". Right-click on the computer icon at the top of Device Manager and click 'Scan for hardware changes'.

Windows should be able to recognize your device at this point. Try starting the driver with the Start Driver shortcut .

--------------
Barbara