Acad 2007 freezing, Acad 2006 is OK.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Viliam

Acad 2007 freezing, Acad 2006 is OK.

Post by Viliam »

Hello,

Just installed the SpaceNavigator-PE and also run the latest driver 3.0.9 driver on XP PRO SP2. Laptop is Dell Latitude D810 with ATI Radeon X600.

I can't run the SN in ACAD 2007. even if I open empty dwg, the moment I will touch the SpaceNavigator, application freezes. Without touching the puck first, the commands from 3DXtoolbar will execute. following action involving puck will immediately freeze Acad again. Is this strictly video problem or something else could be tried?

I have also installed the AutoCAD 2006 arx and that seems to work. I am getting an "unknown attached" error at start up:
>>>>>>

[3Dconnexion] 1999 - 2006 3Dconnexion Inc. All rights reserved.

[3Dconnexion] 3Dconnexion Add-In for AutoCAD V3.2.8 (R16)

[3Dconnexion] Unknown attached!

[3Dconnexion] New Rotation Center: (+0.000000, +0.000000, +0.000000)
<<<<<<<<<
Any ideas what this is about?

Is there any difference in drivers between SpaceNavigator PE and SE?
I hope not!

Last observation of the install: in Acad 2006 the menu was loaded onto all profiles. in Acad 2007 it was loaded in active workspace only.

AutoCad 2006 driver was loaded separate as manual install.
For time being I am mostly using 2006 bu would like to know what is going on.
Regards,

Viliam
agoenczi
User
User

Acad 2007 freezing, Acad 2006 is OK

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Viliam

Could you specify how you installed the driver? Did you choose a "Complete" or "Custom" installation?
Viliam

Post by Viliam »

Hello,
I have selected the complete install both times.
First time running the install from shipped CD, second time running the downloaded driver.
Regards,

Viliam
agoenczi
User
User

Acad 2007 freezing, Acad 2006 is OK

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Viliam
I can't run the SN in ACAD 2007. even if I open empty dwg, the moment I will touch the SpaceNavigator, application freezes. Without touching the puck first, the commands from 3DXtoolbar will execute. following action involving puck will immediately freeze Acad again. Is this strictly video problem or something else could be tried?

I have also installed the AutoCAD 2006 arx and that seems to work. I am getting an "unknown attached" error at start up:
What start up produces an "unknown attached" error?

You should generate a log file produce a crash (try to start AutoCAD 2007) and send the log file to the following address:

forum@3dconnexion.com

You can generate a log file by activating the driver GUI (double click the 3DxWare symbol in the task list) and clicking the "Write Log File" menu point under "Tools".