Camera Mode Toggles off in SU6

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

penorjr

Post by penorjr »

I posted this earlier...but this is getting soooooo annoying!!!! In SketchUp 6...Camera Mode continually Toggles itself off. After working on a DWG for a bit, and changing the View...Camera Mode toggles to Center of Rotation.

I am Posting this again in hopes it will get noticed by the right people...and something will be done about it. I am testing this Product for future Westinghouse purchases.

So far, I am impressed, with the exception of this one problem.

Earl Penor

Westinghouse Electric LLC (Nuclear Power Division)
Richland Service Center
509-372-7830
penorel@rsc.westinghouse.com
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi penorjr

Could you specify if you get the same result with drawings native to SU6, or only with DWG-files?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi penorjr,

We tried to reproduce this issue with "scenes" but were unsuccessful: the camera mode is preserved when the user switches between the different scenes.

Can you describe a step-be-step procedure that we can follow to reproduce the problem? That would help us very much.

Also, do make sure you are using the latest version of our software. The latest beta of release 3.1 for your device is available from here.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi penorjr,

The user CCRDude has posted a scenario where the problem is reproduced each time the document is saved. See his post here.
Please go to that topic to check the current status of the problem.
Do you have another scenario?
penorjr

Camera Mode Toggling off

Post by penorjr »

If someone will give me an email address...I will email a File to show what is happening. It was doing it all morning on this File. After working on the DWG for a bit, and then using SN to change the View...it would Toggle back to "Center of Rotation."

BTW...I downloaded the latest Driver 3.1.3

Earl
penorel@rsc.westinghouse.com
penorjr

Post by penorjr »

I did some experimenting this morning. I can get it to toggle off after Save as CCRDude reported...and perhaps, that is what is happening in my case also. I have the Automatic Save set at about five minutes, so I may have thought it was doing it after performing some operation and it was actually doing it after a save.

Earl
ngomes

Re: Camera Mode Toggles off in SU6

Post by ngomes »

Hi penorjr,
I have the Automatic Save set at about five minutes, so I may have thought it was doing it after performing some operation and it was actually doing it after a save.
Yes, quite right. The auto save will trigger the scenario as reported by CCRDude.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

See this post for an update on this issue.