3.1.3 beta drivers

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Scott Stubbington

3.1.3 beta drivers

Post by Scott Stubbington »

Hello,
I've just installed 3.1.3 beta drivers. There were two times during installation I was confronted with a dialogue telling me that the 3.1.3 application was running, using files and needed to be closed before continuing, Retry, Ignore or Cancel were the dialogue options, I chose Ignore both times, I will say this is my interpretation and I should have grabbed a screenshot.

I'm a lot happier with these drivers. :D

Thanks

Scott
P4 3.2 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
Win XP Pro SP2
Inventor 11 DWF SP2
Quadro Fx 500 Nvidia 91.36
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Scott,
What you were seeing was the installation warning that you had Windows Explorer running (most likely). That dialogue shows the windows titles, not the applications names.
The warning is necessary since the installation of the "3Dconnexion Picture Viewer" affects Windows Explorer.
Glad to know that release version 3.1.3 is looking up. Do let us know if you find anything amiss.
Nuno Gomes
Scott Stubbington

Post by Scott Stubbington »

Hello,
I have many configurations available for Inventor's many environments. Throughout all the configs, Escape has been bound to Escape, Alt = Alt Ctrl = Ctrl and Shift = Shift, I believe most of this is standard, either way though all button re-maps have been performed using Inventor's 3DxWare add in. I have just started an Inventor drawing and pressing Escape = Ctrl key, Ctrl = Reload, I double checked the config was correct using Inventor's add in, Escape = Escape, Ctrl = Ctrl, I then open 3DxWare Control panel from Control Panel and found Escape = Ctrl, Ctrl = Reload. I have reset Escape to Escape, Ctrl..... using 3DxWare in Control panel as opposed to Inventor's add in and all is now well.

HTH

Scott
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Scott Stubbington

Did you tried to return to the default configuration, if the different configuration doesn't like you by activating the ?