Navigation disfunctional

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cvcolomb

Navigation disfunctional

Post by cvcolomb »

Hello,

I'm running ADT2007 on XPpro. I've had several generations of 3dConnexion products and have used them professionally for years.

The latest drivers allow functional navigation, but the adjusted view doesn't stay. Suppose I am in a plan view of my model, then I grab the space pilot and adjust my view. The cursor doesn't update to the new view, and I cannot select objects. Any zooming or panning with the mouse wheel will now snap my view back to the original plan view I had previous to using the Space Pilot.

Can you verify that this is a bug and not a setting? Is there anything I can try to affect this behavior?
mweigand
User
User

Post by mweigand »

Hi cvcolomb,

I am sorry that you have problems with our device. Have you tried and installed the latest Beta version of 3DxSoftware 3-1-3?
Please let us know if that does not solve your problem.
cvcolomb

Post by cvcolomb »

Hello Marc,

Sorry I forgot to mention, I have this trouble using the 3-1-3 drivers. I tried uninstalling and reverting to the 3-0-9 driver, but I cannot get my zoom to function with this release.

I have noticed today that the controller works differently in different view styles, this is with ADT2007. When in 2dWireframe the zoom function works normally, but I cannot twist or roll. When in 3dWireframe I can twist and roll, but zoom is very slow and does not respond to configuration changes made in the panel. Also, in 3dWireframe I have the problem I tried to describe before of the cursor not updating to the new view, and the view reverts to the orientation I had before using the Pilot.

I am using an HP branded Quadro card, an FX2000 with the latest drivers--9.1.3.6

Please let me know if you need more information. Can you reproduce this problem?

Regards,

cc
DaveHerman

Post by DaveHerman »

I am having the exact same problem on Mechanical Desktop 2007. I am using the 3.1.3 driver also. At least I know I am not alone in the problem.
mweigand
User
User

Post by mweigand »

Thank you for contacting us. That is a known issue and will be fixed with the next release of 3DxAutoCAD. Tracked as #4283 for internal reference.