Where are the settings for Pro/E profile stored?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

antonynealrobinson

Post by antonynealrobinson »

I understand where the user00.scg is normally stored but am having trouble when I change a few button maps from within the pro/e plugin. After adding a few mapkeys to button 1 & 2 on the sapce explorer they are sometimes over written by the general profile settings from the 3dxware.

When the settings are saved it doesn't seem to update the user00.scg file.

Pro/E = Wildfire 3 M180
Space Explorer USB release version = 3.11.3
WinXP 64 bit
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello antonynealrobinson -

The 3Dconnexion PlugIn for ProENGINEER Wildfire3 has its own button mapping editor. Buttons mapped here will be saved to your profile. Internal button mapping editors are designed to have priority over the 3Dconnexion Control Panel button mapping so will overwrite mappings created there.

You can find a screenshot of the editor in the plug-in help file. [Start, All Programs, 3Dconnexion, 3Dconnexion 3DxWare, 3Dconnexion PlugIn for ProENGINEER -Help - 3DxProENGINEER Button Mapping Editor]

The current 3dconnexion software - Release 3.12.3 - has a new folder structure. The 3DxProENGINEER help is located under Supported Applications [Start, Programs,3Dconnexion,Documentation - Manuals - English Manual - Supported Applications - PTC ProEngineer-Customize Buttons]

If your Pro/E installation is on a server you can refer to this FAQ to install 3DxProEngineer.

pro/engineer button mapping

Hi Barbara, Thanks for the info but I've tried that already.

When pro/e starts it remembers all the settings related to the axis speeds but the pro/e plugin doesn't remember that I've changed buttons 1 & 2 to use mapkeys.

After changing the settings and pressing save in the plugin I did a search for the user00.scg file and it still has the same modified date from a few days ago.
Barbara

Pro/engineer button mapping

Post by Barbara »

Pro/E also makes use of a registry key for storing settings.
When Pro/E is started, our plug-in looks for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\3Dconnexion\3DxProE. If this key is not present it will be created while starting Pro/E.

If the commands that use mapkeys are not saving, check whether the mapkeys are still shown in your Mapkeys window , and saved in the local config.pro in "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\My Documents".

pro/e settings

Managed to get a bit further with the problem.

The control panel showed:

ProE
&
Pro/Engineer

as profiles. When I switched to the Pro/Engineer profile and then modified the pro/e plugin panel it saved OK. I then had the problem that when I deleted the ProE profile that I didn't think was needed to seemed to stop the settings from being saved again.
antonynealrobinson

user00.scg

Still not working properly....

When Pro/E loads up, it remembers all of the axis speeds & zoom direction.

Every day I have to remap the 3DxViews, 3Dxware buttons & 2 mapkeys that I use.

If I swicth from the ProE to the Pro/Engineer profile in the control panel then it does not even store the axis settings.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

I apologize for the delay in replying to your question. If you are still seeing this problem the
Clean Install steps can remove all of the 3Dconnexion software , registry entries and profiles to restore your SpaceExplorer to correct operation.